Panda Locking Click Once install files

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
quinton77

Panda Locking Click Once install files

Post by quinton77 »

Greetings...

Panda Endpoint Protection - Version 7.50.1, Agent Version 7.50.0

We are a software development company and one of our tools is installed using Click Once.

When we launch the setup.exe file Click Once takes over and downloads files and then installs. (apologies for the slightly woolly description of Click Once, I am not a developer)snaptube.cam/ syncnet.onl/telegram-web/ https://9apps.cam/.

The installer is failing, saying that a file (the precise file varies) is locked. This is reproducible and we can solve the problem by stopping the Panda services and then running the installer.

Things that Have Already Been Tried / Excluded

- This started occurring about 3 weeks ago - there was definitely an update (a Panda update) that started this problem. (For a while we had a problem with some machines working, some not)
- Its not possible to exclude the Click Once cache directory as that is randomly generated - plus as that's in the windows user's temp directory, really do not want to exclude that!
- Click Once doesn't provide much control over the install (without writing a wrapper around it)

Any thoughts on how to stop Panda locking...? Any thoughts on manipulating Click Once, I can pass on to our development team? (no general thoughts please, I'm looking for specific Click Once thoughts)

Many thanks for your time
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda Locking Click Once install files

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Quinton77,

Can you send us in a PM your customer number please?

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”