ReadME Before Posting
Posted: Mon, 02 Apr 2012, 13:32
Welcome to Panda Security support forum! We really want you to enjoy visiting and contributing to the forum community. Therefore, before posting, please make sure that you read the forum rules and the following guiding principles:
Many discussions started in this forum already have existing topics. By searching, you will save yourself the time that would otherwise be spent waiting for a response. Before starting a new topic, please make sure that you have done a search, as well as looked through the sections of the site.
- Are you in the right place?
Before posting your queries, make sure you enter the appropriate category. As posting in the wrong forum will result in your topic not being seen by the people who can contribute to it best, please be sure to choose the forum that best fits your issue. Get familiar with the structure below:
- Welcome to the Panda Security Support Forum!
- General board
- Forum Rules
- ReadME Before Posting
- Products for Homeusers
- Consumer products [/b]
- Protection Service Products[/b]
- Panda Mobile Security[/b]
- Panda Free Antivirus[/b]
- Product Suggestions
- Products for Enterprise
- Small Business Protection[/b]
- Systems Management[/b])
- Gatedefender eSeries[/b])
- BETA Zone
- News and Notifications
- Beta versions available
Please remember that those who reply to your questions do so on a voluntary basis. Note the following when posting:
- Just like in real life, you are much more likely to receive assistance if you are courteous and respectful. Users who demand help or attack others are often ignored by the community. Users who make a habit of being disrespectful will be warned.
- Please do not use generic topic titles like "I need help" or "Getting an error". Remember, a descriptive title will attract much more attention than a generic one.
- Please do not post your message in ALL CAPS, bold, large, or bright text or use excessive punctuation. This applies to the title as well.
- Please do not bump your topic until at least 6 hours have passed since the last response. Since most of us answer questions in the order they were posted, frequent bumping will only push you further away from help.
- Please note that PMing, IMing or emailing team members for support is prohibited. Assistance is only offered via the board.