30 seconds Freeze

Find the answers to your queries about the Panda Dome for Mac beta in this forum. The experts will help you out!
BeyondMK

30 seconds Freeze

Post by BeyondMK »

Since this morning I encountered several freezes of the System (not even the Beach Ball was Spinning) for about 30 seconds.
Mainly after I started a new program like (for example) Microsoft Remote Desktop. After the freeze everything works out fine again.
I will test this a bit futher but it seems that it happens only once per program that hasn't been started before.

Maybe there is some incompatible behaviour to Little Snitch 4.0.2(5086) because it sometimes pops up with a message that the code of Panda hasn't been signed.

If you need some logs or screenshots feel free to send a message.
Beta Services
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: 30 seconds Freeze

Post by Beta Services »

Hi,

Please, tell us some data about your computer (operating system version, RAM, CPU...)

When you suffer the slowdowns, check in Activity Monitor (Applicattions -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor.app) if there is a high consumption of CPU or RAM.
An screenshot of those consumptions would be very useful.

Also, if you could send us a Systemd Diagnosis, it would help. To do it, in Activity Monitor, click on the gear icon -> System Diagnosis, and send us the generated file.

Also check if disabling permanent protection of Panda Beta, the issue is replicated or not.

Thanks for your help.
BeyondMK

Post by BeyondMK »

Systeminfo:
Imac 27 - Late 2015, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 1 TB Flash HD, 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Unfortunatley the System freezes completely and I'm not able to make a screenshot.
But directly after the freeze two processes are on the top of the Activity-Monitor:
1- kernel_task
2- PavapiDaemon

After turning off PAV, there were no more lags and no freezes.

Also the Safe-Browsing Feature is very sluggish. Today I couldn't open any website without viewing crippled websites missing images etc. After turning it of via Settings in PAV everything worked out fine.
BeyondMK

Post by BeyondMK »

Just sent the System Diagnosis File via PM.
Beta Services
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Beta Services »

Thank you very much for the logs. Taking a quick look at them, it looks that there's a condition where the Safe Browsing protection is crashing. We've sent them to the development team, so we hope to fix it soon.

Regarding the blockages of 30s, it's a known problem. We've got a fix for it, but we need to test it further.

If we need more information on this issue we'll post the details.

Best regards.
marcusgrace

Post by marcusgrace »

I really like and appreciate your work. The points you have mentioned in this article are useful.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

;)
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Dome for Mac - Issues”