Incompatible program detected during installation

Post your query about Panda Dome Essential, Panda Dome Complete, Panda Dome Advanced and Panda Dome Premium here!
Zacc

Incompatible program detected during installation

Post by Zacc »

I just purchased a licence of Panda Dome Advanced, but when I try to install it, software stops at the beginning and shows me a window with "Incompatible program detected" message with a removal button. If I click on the button It seems something happen at the background but it only opens the directory of the program files.
I try to install Panda in compatibility mode with automatic resolving and Panda the application showed that I have to update Microsoft .NET Framework. I tried to do it through Microsoft homepage, everything went well, but when I reached end of the installation it said that .NET Framework 4.7.1 or a later version is already installed on this computer.
So I'm stucking here.

I have Win 10 Home edition 64 bit installed on computer

How to solve this problem?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Incompatible program detected during installation

Post by Darth Panda »

Hello.

In order to solve the issue you submitted, could you please provide us with some screenshots showing the error messages and the window which tells you that there is an incompatible program installed?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Zacc

Post by Zacc »

Attached some picture, hope that it helps you to find a way to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
:NET Framework 4.7 version already installed
:NET Framework 4.7 version already installed
.NET Framework 4.7 already installed.jpg (282.53 KiB) Viewed 16323 times
After launched PDA install file in troubleshooting mode this picture appeared in PDA window
After launched PDA install file in troubleshooting mode this picture appeared in PDA window
Update .NET Framework.jpg (142.9 KiB) Viewed 16323 times
Incompatible program detected
Incompatible program detected
Incompatible program detected.jpg (45.83 KiB) Viewed 16323 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hello.

In order to solve the issue, please try the following:

1. Download this file, and run it as administrator:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/ ... taller.exe

2. After runing the file, please wait until you are asked for a reboot, or until the window which shows some papers moving to a waste bin dissapears.

After rebooting the computer, try to run the installation again.

Best regards.
www.pandasecurity.com
Zacc

Post by Zacc »

Thanks for your support I could install Panda Dome Advanced however I still have some issues with the application.
First of all, I could not set language to English. I found where the langauge should be set, but even If I clicked on the enable icon, the software did not change at all.
Second one is that I have received 2 warning one of it is critical.
For critical issue PDA instructed me to restart my PC but it did not solve the problem. The other one is a firewall issue where I have to enable it than restart my computer. After restarting my PC both problem remains.
What is strange for me that manually I can set firewall enabled with green sliding icon but after go back the main menu I can see that it is still offline and when I go back into the firewall menu it slides back to offline.
Wifi protection is also not working, there is an icon to enable it, but If I click on the icon nothing happen.
I have made a picture about the main menu to see where I struggle
Main menu.jpg
Main menu.jpg (133.26 KiB) Viewed 16279 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

pm sent
www.pandasecurity.com
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Zacc,

In order to change the language, click on the icon on the left top of the window. Click on Settings and there change the language. After that,click on the button to apply, that will take some seconds.

Regarding the virus problem, I need to know what are we detecting exactly. Send me a copy of the report, please.

The firewall problem could be related with the Windows Firewall. Check if this firewall is activated, please.
www.pandasecurity.com
mayuril

Post by mayuril »

You may try this way.

1. Enter the name of the program in the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and then select Open file location.
2. Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
◦ First, select Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. (Note that DPI scaling issues won’t be resolved with the troubleshooter, so refer to the table below for other options.)
◦ If you’re still experiencing compatibility problems, adjust one or more of the following settings and select OK when you’re done.
Dot Net Programming

Return to “Panda Dome - Issues”