AV Console is missing from Start-up in Task Manager

Post your query about Panda Dome Essential, Panda Dome Complete, Panda Dome Advanced and Panda Dome Premium here!
Askalick

AV Console is missing from Start-up in Task Manager

Post by Askalick »

On my desktop PC, I noticed that the Panda Dome icon was not showing in the notification area, so I opened the Panda console from the start menu. The icon then appeared, but after next start it was missing again. I checked in Task Manager and AV Console was not showing under the Start-up tab. Yet under the Processes tab I found Panda Devices Agent and Panda Protection Service and Panda Product service were all running. Also Panda url filtering service.
I uninstalled, then reinstalled Panda Dome and this resolved the issue. However, the same thing happened on my wife's laptop and then on my laptop. I have reinstalled Panda twice on my laptop and the problem repeats - the icon is there initially but after a restart it disappeared again.

I have now observed this on two other computers belonging to friends and it makes me wonder if it's happened to others but they have not noticed.
One of them did notice and her brother installed another antivirus which I had to subsequently remove, and then reinstall Panda.

So my concern is what might be causing this. My guess is a windows 10 update.

Have others experienced this issue?

Is reinstalling Panda the only remedy or is there an easier solution?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: AV Console is missing from Start-up in Task Manager

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

Could you send us your client number in a private message ? Probably we have to open an issue..

Regards

Darth Panda
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Dome - Issues”