VPN on Mobile phone

Post your query about Panda VPN!
Mantari

VPN on Mobile phone

Post by Mantari »

Hi

I was trying the VPN while on holiday with my mobile phone Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 5 and noticed the following....

On the PC desktop version there is a switch which states" Automatically establish a VPN connection after connecting to an insecure wi-fi connection"

I could not find a similar switch on the mobile version - as a result I first had to connect to an insecure WiFi before I could start the Panda VPN

Point 1:

>>It would be better if it could be started before the initial connection to the insecure WiFi so that it established immediately similarly to the desktop version<<

Point 2:

When started the 2 Key Icons in the notification area would indicate running of the App and the connection...

However, If I walked away and was out of range of the WiFi, 1 Key Icon would vanish (due to lost connection) and 1 key Icon would remain to indicate the VPN app was still running.

However I could not find a way to stop the 1 Key Icon (App still running). If I switched off the wifi and switched it on again the Key Icon would reappear to indicate the app was running. I couldn't disable it or kill it in App Manager. The only way to stop it was to uninstall Panda Mobile Security completely and then reinstall it.

Please can this be investigated

Thanks
M
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: VPN on Mobile phone

Post by Darth Panda »

iof you open your panda for mobiel, and click on the three horizontal lines on the top left, you access the modules for your product.
tap on the VPN option and then choose dicconnect.

That will close your vpn connection, and will make disappear the icon for the key.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Mantari

Post by Mantari »

Leave it - when it happens again I will raise a ticket and provide screen shots as proof

I wish you a good day and a happy world cup in the meantime

Regards

M
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

thank you and same for you.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda VPN - Issues”