[SOLVED] Global 2012 full scan results

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
blind1

[SOLVED] Global 2012 full scan results

Post by blind1 »

. . . the results of files that are scanned total 820,689 with little variance scan after scan - not a problem except that in Windows 7's Windows Defender I get a total of 1,268,346. Is there a viable explanation as to why Panda Global 2012 misses time after time nearly half a million files? Is there a reason that this many files are missed constantly? Thanks in advance for your reply.

said: blind1
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Global 2012 full scan results

Post by VirusBuster »

It may depend on the settings you have for the on-demand scans
Is it set to scan all the file extensions? and PST files or compressed files?
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
blind1

Post by blind1 »

VirusBuster wrote:It may depend on the settings you have for the on-demand scans
Is it set to scan all the file extensions? and PST files or compressed files?

. . after checking settings for on-demand, I have them set to scan all the file extensions and tried the other settings available getting about one third the files - and then setting the default and going back to re-set the "all extensions" settings and doing a scan again to make sure the full count was the result that I had before. Can you think of another reason it is missing out on scanning the additional half mill of files that Defender scans? Thanks in advance again for the reply to my questions.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Do you have any folder or file set to be excluded from the scans?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

blind1

Post by blind1 »

VirusBuster wrote:Do you have any folder or file set to be excluded from the scans?
. . no files or folders are excluded. The entire software is working as installed and all settings are set to default. This, at this time is the only what I call a possible problem that exists and as far as I can tell Panda has never worked better than it does at this time. Also, "Defender" scans at about the same amount of time as Panda with little difference. Again, thanks for such a timely response to these questions: Sam-
blind1

Post by blind1 »

. . . allrighty then, I'm going to guess that after five days since the last time I posted no one has been able to figure out my question about the scan results. . . or, perhaps things are very busy right now and more important questions are out there that need attention pronto. In any event, if anyone can think of what's going on I'll just have to wait a while for the answer. I didn't really expect anyone to figure out why very fast. I wish I could but nothing comes to mind except a professional doing something they are not allowed to - don't know but at least my computer is not goofing up yet. Thanks again for the replies and questions in the chain.

said Sam.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

I tested with Windows Defender and AVPro 2012 and got similar file count...

Why not try the 2013th version of the product.

Anyway I doubt this is an issue.

Cheers!
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
blind1

Post by blind1 »

rmadzharov wrote:Hi!

I tested with Windows Defender and AVPro 2012 and got similar file count...

Why not try the 2013th version of the product.

Anyway I doubt this is an issue.

Cheers!
back again to see a reply and after viewing and I notice that AVPro is not what I've scanned with. My question still stands to this day with results as I've posted. I can't imagine how over or around a half million files are of no concern. First, what are they and second why is it that they are missed? I have noticed that the i: section that was scanned before does not show up anymore but the file count is still severly off between Defender and Panda's Global 2012. Although nothing is failing with my computer I still have to wonder about so many files being missed by Global 2012. If it is possible to download Global 2013 I would like to know the procedure as I believe that I still have Panda's un-installer in my files to help do the job. If this would resolve the issue, I would follow through. Hope all have had a great holliday and I'll wait to see any replies that are posted. Thanks again to those that read and reply.
said Sam.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

You should try the 2013 version to see if it corrects the described behavior. Check this thread:
How can I upgrade my product to Panda 2013?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

blind1

Post by blind1 »

VirusBuster wrote:You should try the 2013 version to see if it corrects the described behavior. Check this thread:
How can I upgrade my product to Panda 2013?
WOW! . . . thanks! . . . except for one thing, I'm just an end user and as far as I know I only have the general consumer version listed as Panda Global 2012. Following your thread, it states that the info is only for commercial versions - I'm guessing that it's not going to work - am I right? If not, then please let me know if I'm still stuck or maybe another thread to up-grade with. My sub doesn't expire for a couple more years - or - I'll be paying up to further my sub for the future after the expired sub runs out. Thanks again for the reply -

said Sam.

Return to “Consumer 2012 - Archive Issues”