[SOLVED] Global 2012 full scan results

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
rmadzharov

Re: Global 2012 full scan results

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Give it a go and taste the magic of free upgrades!

Cheers!
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

When it say that it only applies to commercial versions, it means that it applies to the versions you buy online or the box you buy in a shop, but doesn't apply for OEM versions (preinstalled) or for versions provided by your ISP

I've searched your email (only visible for moderators) in our database and found your customer account. According to your license details, the free upgrade will work for you.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
blind1

Post by blind1 »

VirusBuster wrote:When it say that it only applies to commercial versions, it means that it applies to the versions you buy online or the box you buy in a shop, but doesn't apply for OEM versions (preinstalled) or for versions provided by your ISP

I've searched your email (only visible for moderators) in our database and found your customer account. According to your license details, the free upgrade will work for you.
Thanks again - I've up-graded to the 2013 version and re-scanned. My findings are still the same and I've noticed that during the scan office14 was inserted throughout important sections. I don't have office 14 and could not get "all programs and files " to come up with it either. I have office10 installed by HP, my new computer, and think they have something that is intrusive installed. I've gone through the settings and un-checked their authority and even some of their programs I felt would not interfere with computer opperations. I've had somewhat less interference by doing so but still, Defender keeps scanning over a half million files more then Panda Global 2013. Thoughts come forth that HP is in ties secretly with Microsoft or something maybe illegal - who knows. I think I need a ciber cop to inspect my hard drive I don't know. Anyway, thanks to all that have tried to help with my problem.
Sam.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

The difference on the scanned files could be the system restore points
By default Panda excludes the folder where the system restore points are stored as there are no permissions over it.
There could also be some differences in the way the files are counted inside compressed files or email attachments

Although the same content is scanned, its counted in a different way
Regards,

Jorge Torre

blind1

Post by blind1 »

VirusBuster wrote:The difference on the scanned files could be the system restore points
By default Panda excludes the folder where the system restore points are stored as there are no permissions over it.
There could also be some differences in the way the files are counted inside compressed files or email attachments

Although the same content is scanned, its counted in a different way
GeeWizz - I never thought of anything like has been posted here. I just have to say thanks for giving me answers that I can't and don't want to investigate. They DO make sense and I do have a bit of relief finding out what I don't know. Now I can remove all the posts reguarding this topic - after I figure out how - - Thanks again for all who have replied: Sam
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Global 2012 full scan results

Post by VirusBuster »

You don't need to delete your posts, we have just marked it as solved and moved the whole thread to the archive issues (for solved or closed without response)
ISSUE SOLVED
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Consumer 2012 - Archive Issues”