[SOLVED] How non-Panda users can tell if site is in Panda blacklist

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Chiron

[SOLVED] How non-Panda users can tell if site is in Panda blacklist

Post by Chiron »

Hello, I had previously started a topic about How to Submit Dangerous Sites to Panda for blacklisting, and what type of sites are acceptable. This can be found here:
http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... 469&p=2105

However, I have one more question.

What is the easiest way for non-Panda users to find out if a site is already blocked by Panda? This way everyone can help to make the internet a safer place, regardless of whether they use a certain product or not.
Chiron

Re: How non-Panda users can tell if site is in Panda blacklist

Post by Chiron »

Bump.

Is this even possible?
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Bump.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Non-Panda users can download a Panda product trial and give it a try lol
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Perhaps I should explain myself a little clearer.

Here is the type of situation for which I wrote the article. Let's say I am a non-Panda user and I am directed to a site with a fake AV that pretends to scan the computer and then downloads a malicious payload. In that situation I want to do more than just navigate away from the page and hope nothing happened to my computer. I want to help others avoid it as well.

Thus I want to submit that site to many different services to help protect others. However, I don't want to waste everyone's time submitting the site if they already blacklist it. Thus I want the article to be able to tell others how to tell if Panda already blocks the site so time isn't wasted submitting it to them. I see that Panda isn't on URLVoid or VirusTotal, but sometimes there is another way to tell if the site is blocked. That's what I'm looking for.

However, if there is no way for users to tell ahead of time if Panda blocks the site I will just advise them to submit it to Panda each time.

I just need to understand the options users have, or perhaps don't have, in order to best update the article.

Thanks.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Sorry, but we don't have such a service
If you want to send an url to us to be checked you can email urls@pandasecurity.com (you won't receive any feedback). It will be added automatically (after analysis) to the URL filter
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Chiron

Post by Chiron »

Thanks.

I've now updated the article accordingly.

Return to “Consumer 2012 - Archive Issues”