[CLOSED] Bulletins Notices

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Les1941

[CLOSED] Bulletins Notices

Post by Les1941 »

My Panda 2012 doesn't expire until Feb 2013 but I keep receiving bottom right hand side of my XP screen, in bright red a message about my Panda can be updated for £xx to the 2013 version.

I have removed the tick in Services, Bulletins but next time the PC is switched on and rebooted this tick magically appears again.

It seems this is one of the many pre-ticked items that people are asking software providers NOT to tick by default.

How can I permanently remove this tick so that I DO NOT receive the bulletins?

Failing this, I shall not renew my subscription to Panda when it comes up for renewal in February 2013 as I am fed up with receiving them.
rmadzharov

Re: Bulletins Notices

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the following:
- open the Panda user interface -> click on "Preferences" -> go to the "Warnings" tab and try removing the corresponding information warning.

Let us know whether the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
Les1941

Post by Les1941 »

The "Informative warning" tick was already removed.

On boot-up this morning the original problem still exists, the tick in the Services, Bulletins has magically appeared again.

Sorry this suggestion has not worked, do you have any other ideas.

Perhaps a re-install might help?
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your kind reply.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Based on the information you provided, perhaps re-installation will solve the case.

If not, you can contact your local Panda support team (via the http://www.pandasecurity.com -> Contact page) so that a case will be assigned to you.
Also, please be advised that you can be upgraded to the 2013 version of our product as follows:
http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... f=35&t=579

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
Les1941

Post by Les1941 »

Hello

I've totally deleted Panda Global Internet 2012, rebooted the PC and then re-installed it again.

Same problem.... the pop-up bulletin on start up to the web appears again, nothing seems to delete it.

Does this mean if I don't renew to version 2013 until next February I will get the pop-up appearing every time I re-boot the XP PC and connect to the web?

To be quite honest I shan't wait till February 2013 to renew, I shall ditch Panda and try another Anti-Virus program instead.

But thanks anyway.
slinkyman60

Post by slinkyman60 »

I am having the same issue and a totatal reinstallation of the software did not fix it either.
I followed all of the tech advise on this thread with no results. The issue is quite annoying and intrusive
and one of the reasons that I purchased Panda anti virus software was that I believed it to be nonintrusive.
This issue is indeed annoying enough to drop this software for something better.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Upgrade to Panda 2013 and if the issue persists, contact your local Panda tech team.

Cheers!
Les1941

Post by Les1941 »

NO - I am being forced to upgrade before I need too.

Has not Panda realized what they are doing to potential customers.

Anyone reading these postings will say - I am not going through this intrusion so will look at other Anti-virus software.

Tough luck on Panda sales.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Les1941 wrote:NO - I am being forced to upgrade before I need too.

Has not Panda realized what they are doing to potential customers.

Anyone reading these postings will say - I am not going through this intrusion so will look at other Anti-virus software.

Tough luck on Panda sales.
PM me your customer number so that I can open a case for further study
We may need to perform a remote control to your machine in order to troubleshoot the issue
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bozzle

Post by bozzle »

Les,
I have used Panda for 5 years and have always had 2 problems.

1 is the bulletins you mention

2 The other is unistalling and reinstalling software each year.

Having bought a 5 year package to avoid problem 2 I am now getting bulletins asking me to renew for 2013!

I keep turning off the option in Bulletins but I assume it turns back on automatically.

I will not recommend Panda to anybody else.

Return to “Consumer 2012 - Archive Issues”