[SOLVED] AdminSecure Scans lockup

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
kevink1955

[SOLVED] AdminSecure Scans lockup

Post by kevink1955 »

Since installing the patch to correct the 2020 virus sig problem I have many workstations that lock up (do not complete) scheduled scans. If I try to scan the wopkstations localy (from the desktop) they hang at scaning memory

ANY Ideas ??
CJ166

Re: AdminSecure Scans lockup

Post by CJ166 »

Hello, kevin1955, you can tell the exact version AdminSecure and agent? thanks
Panda Partner Colombia.
kevink1955

Post by kevink1955 »

AdminSecure version 4.50.00.0027, Communications Agent 4.50.07, Workstations runing 4.50.25

Thanks for any help you can offer Kevin
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have installed also the Windows8/Server2012 compatibility patch 4.50.0027. In that case the Panda protections should be updated to 4.60.xx and 8.60.xx for servers.
Check the situation with the latest version of the protection and let us know.

Thank you.

BR,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
kevink1955

Post by kevink1955 »

Thanks

Can you tell me where to find these versions, I just looked in my client downloads area and do not see them.

Kevin
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Thank you for your post.

The new protection versions can be found within the Panda AdminSecure Console.
Go to Tools -> Updates and repositories -> Installation packages -> check which are the latest versions (should be 4.60.xx and 8.60.xx for desktops and file servers).
If this is not the case, please install the following hotfix:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/ ... 0_0025.exe

Cheers!
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
kevink1955

Post by kevink1955 »

I already had the 4.50.0027 console installed, it was recomended as the fix for the 2020 virus sig file problem, it did not install 4.60 client in my repository so my clients still had 4.50.

I installed the 4.50.0025 from the provided link and have updated most of the workstations, a few are not avaiable for me to reboot till Monday.

Since the install and workstation update I have had 10 scheduled scans of updated workstations run, out of the 10 only 1 hung at 1 file scanned. I will uninstall and reinstall that workstation on Monday and see what happens.

Question, Since the 4.50.0027 was installed to correct the 2020 problem should I install it again on top of the 4.50.0025 I just installed??
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!
Question, Since the 4.50.0027 was installed to correct the 2020 problem should I install it again on top of the 4.50.0025 I just installed??
You need not reinstall the 0027 hotfix.

Cheers!
kevink1955

Post by kevink1955 »

Thanks for your help

I have uninstaled and reinstalled the antivirus and communiation agent on the workstation I could not get to complete scans and it is now working properly.

Can you tell me if there is someware on the panda site that I can find notfications of avaiable updates so I do not have this problem again

Kevin
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

We are glad that the situation has been resolved!

Have in mind that all the essential hotfixes for your Panda product are available when you login to the client side of the http://www.pandasecurity.com website:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/downloads/tree/

Hotfix 0027 is not an essential hotfix, thus it is not shown in the hotfixes "folder". We installed it in order to correct the Panda AdminSecure versions mismatch.

Cheers!

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”