[CLOSED] Migrating Adminesecure from 2003 SBS to 2008 R2 STD

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
kfenech

[CLOSED] Migrating Adminesecure from 2003 SBS to 2008 R2 STD

Post by kfenech »

Hi,
i am currently migrating from SBS2003 to a new server using 2008 STD R2. I read in a thread that it is possible to migrate Admine Secure 4.5 from one server to another.

I tried to follow the steps and when i try to install Admin secure on the new server i get an error that there is already another panda on the network, i continue but then it asks me to use an instance which is on the old server, something which i don't wont as i will remove the 2003 sbs server.

please advise way forward together with any documentation regarding proceeding of migration to new server.
rmadzharov

Re: Migrating Adminesecure from 2003 SBS to 2008 R2 STD

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding the "another AdminSecure on the network" - this is not an error, but a warning message. You can ignore it and continue with the installation.
Regarding the SQL instance - Panda includes in itself the M$ SQL 2k engine, which, however is not compatible with Windows Server 2008, therefore you will need to firstly install, say M$ SQL Express 2005 (or greater) on your new server, and then install Panda AdminSecure.
You will be able to select the SQL instance on your 2k8 server and the installation will succeed.

Let us know in case you have any further inquiries.

Thank you.

BR,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”