[CLOSED] weird issue with panda endpoint protection

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
honx

Re: weird issue with panda endpoint protection

Post by honx »

thank you. it took a while until the problem occured again.
and thank you for the link to the test malware from eicar.
now i know, that i really have a problem and non working panda antivirus after this problem occures.
scan on the test malware was finished, files scanned 0, -> no malware found.
only after reboot the file was identified as malware. so i have no working antivirus in half the time.
now i'm waiting what the vendor says.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Perhaps Panda had picked up on the file while it was downloading, and the file you saw downloaded on your desktop was non-existent?

To verify - re-download and try clicking on the file. You should see a "not a valid Win32 application" error.

Cheers!
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
honx

Post by honx »

i think, we can exclude this scenario. i downloaded 3 types of that file: binary, zipped and double-zipped.
panda didn't pick up at all. i had to scan the files manually (right click on a file, context menu, scan with panda...).
scan on the test malware was finished, files scanned 0, -> no malware found. all three downloaded files.
as i said, i had to reboot the system and after the reboot panda worked again and it found the "malware".
also after the reboot, i had to scan these files manually, but this time it worked.
and that's the problem. panda stops working after some time when my computer was running for some days.
usually my computer runs 24/7 without any reboot in weeks. but this issue forces me to reboot every 3-4 days.
that's really annoying, because my computer is not quite the fastest, when it comes to booting the system.
JAMPanda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by JAMPanda »

honx,

Do you possibly have any other AV protections running on that machine? It's also strange that this seems to occur after regular use of the system over time. Do you have any scheduled tasks running on the machine that may interfere with the protection from a service or driver standpoint (for example, another scheduled scan from another AV or anti-malware software)? This may be occurring and causing the Panda software to be disabled until you reboot again.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”