[CLOSED] How to remove one license from client

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
rickvv

[CLOSED] How to remove one license from client

Post by rickvv »

Using PCOP 6.x, I can see how to add licenses, but I have a small client who decreased his PC inventory, and now we have an unused license in his console.
How can I put that back into my pool of licenses to possibly reuse or reassign?
A link to documentation would be great, but I can;t find this in the online Help files.
Thanks!
Rickvv
rickvv

Re: How to remove one license from client

Post by rickvv »

It's been a month since I posted this.
Does anyone have the steps to move a license out of a client's pool, back into my unused pool?
THanks
Boldlygo

Post by Boldlygo »

When you're on your Partner Center screen, click on the client's name in blue in the list. On the next screen you will see 'Assigned Licenses' with a 'Delete' button on the right. This will delete all their licenses. I'm not sure how to delete just one if they have more than one however.
ttuggle
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by ttuggle »

Hi,

If you need a single license returned to your reseller license pool, you need to send an email to your Sales Rep and request what client you need this done on and how many licenses you need returned.

Regards
JAMPanda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by JAMPanda »

As an addition to ttuggle's post:

Your sales representative is able to assist in recovering a single license with a request but only in times where there is an error in your provision. If your end clients change their need after installations have already established there is unfortunately no way to modify the license count for singular changes like this. This may be a feature available in the future, considering as was already mentioned in this thread, you have the ability to remove the entire subscription and recover the remaining time left on the licenses. In this example, the best thing to do would be to utilize that license for another local machine or when renewal time comes around, make sure to renew a lesser number of licenses to avoid the overage.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”