[SOLVED] PCOP Versions

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
MikeGiann

[SOLVED] PCOP Versions

Post by MikeGiann »

Hello,

I have PCOP since September 2011, and I verify it once in a while to make sure that everything is going well. I just had a friend that owns a private practise that wanted to protect his server and a couple of computers ask me to setup the security for his network so I went with PCOP. Since he has no interest in learning IT, he asked if I could set it up, which I did. I noticed that his console is different than mine and his installation on the server and workstation is different than mine.

Do we all get the update eventually or is this for new customers only?

Just curious as to why his versions look more differnent than mine.

Mike
robertd

Re: PCOP Versions

Post by robertd »

If you look at the URL when you're logged into the new console, you should see cv8 (Console version 8). Also with the new console comes the new version 6 of Panda Agent.

They just started rolling out the new version to customers so I believe yours will be upgraded eventually. My console was just upgraded a week or two ago. I just logged in one day and was on cv8.
MikeGiann

Post by MikeGiann »

Ok, great. So there is nothing that I need to do on my part to be upgraded then.

Thanks.
Mike
Pandamonium
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Pandamonium »

As said, nothing on your end. However we do planned migrations for which I can request that you are upgraded but I would recommend to wait.
MikeGiann

Post by MikeGiann »

No problem for me to wait my turn, I was just wondering why mine was different than the account I set up a couple of days ago. Don't mind the wait, the version I'm on works well.

Thanks for all the help.
DRN

Post by DRN »

Mike,

As a precaution, I always inform my clients to turn off Automatic Upgrades for the console. Once you see that the new console has been applied you can create a test group and move one PC into it. You can then verify that within your network third party software is not affected. After performing tests on the system you can then turn on the upgrades for the rest of the network.

I typically put in a time overnight to perform the upgrades so your users do not need to perform the reboots needed.

Regards,
David
Regards,

David Nelson
Technical Support
Panda Security
MikeGiann

Post by MikeGiann »

Hi David,

Thanks for the tip and very good advice, Don't want to come in one morning and all hell broke loose because of an antivirus upgrade. Will do that.

Regards,
Mike
DRN

Post by DRN »

Happy to help. If you have anything else, we're here to help.

Regards,
David
Regards,

David Nelson
Technical Support
Panda Security

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”