[CLOSED] PCOP and server 2008

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
helsbypcs

[CLOSED] PCOP and server 2008

Post by helsbypcs »

We put PCOP on our server and lost all internet. Any idea why this is? Thanks in advance
DRN

Re: PCOP and server 2008

Post by DRN »

helsbypcs,

There can be a number of reasons for this but typically one of the two steps below resolve the issue.

1. Reboot. (I know it is silly but I like to be thorough)
2. Run netsh winsock reset

Regards,
David
Regards,

David Nelson
Technical Support
Panda Security
helsbypcs

Post by helsbypcs »

Thanks for that

Tried the reboot but didnt work.Had to remove it (Panda)to get everyone back on the net. Will try the other idea and let you know. We thought it may be a firewall issue in Panda?

Ian
DRN

Post by DRN »

helsbypcs,

Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything additional if the winsock reset doesn't resolve the issue.

Regards,
David
Regards,

David Nelson
Technical Support
Panda Security
robertd

Post by robertd »

helsbypcs wrote:Thanks for that

Tried the reboot but didnt work.Had to remove it (Panda)to get everyone back on the net. Will try the other idea and let you know. We thought it may be a firewall issue in Panda?

Ian

We've run v5 and now v6 on a bunch of 2008 servers and haven't had that issue. What version are you on? I would make sure you have the firewall disabled in your server profile if you rely on the built in windows firewall for servers.
helsbypcs

Post by helsbypcs »

Thanks for replies. Sounds very much like a firewall problem. Unfortunately the server is in a school and they have now finished till September!! Watch this space!!

Cheers

Ian
yedidi

Post by yedidi »

i have the same problem ... im using PCOP 5.5

is not a firewall problem, is a panda issue, i deactivate all panda services and in msconfig all startup panda services , and it work again !!

do you know why??
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please try installing PCOP only with the antivirus protection module.

Does the issue persist?

Let us know.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

This sounds exactly like some of the problems we had with the Panda Firewall see my 5.5 to 6.1 migration post. Did you by chance DISABLE the panda firewall? My users had the same issue with Outlook, Not being able to access the internet ot network server applications. Panda said it ISN'T their issue. What I found is that the NIC card was set by the Panda Install / Upgrade to Public instead of Trusted when it installs. Double click the panda head, or right click and select configure firewall. See if the firwall is enabled. If it is make sure the zone is work or trusted and apply. If it isn't enabled what we learned i sthat you will still need to enable and change the zone to work or trusted and then you can disable the panda firewall if you don't wany to use. I found that if the firewall was disabled but the zone showed public it blocks Outlook from sending and receiving or no internet access or shared folder access issues, etc. If this works, PLEASE open a ticket with PANDA as they state NO one else has had this issue other than our company of 400+ nodes. That is why I thought of looking at the forums and learned our company is NOT the only ones with firewall glitches.

The biggest issue is that we DO NOT have the firewall configured to be used but in the 5.5 to 6.1 agent upgrade the Panda Firewall inproperly installed itself.
Davy
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Davy »

Try to uncheck the "Network Activity Hook Server LightWeigt Filter Driver" in your network adapter properties.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”