[SOLVED] PCOP Blocking Yahoo.com

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
KDan

[SOLVED] PCOP Blocking Yahoo.com

Post by KDan »

PCOP is blocking Yahoo.com and detecting viruses when going to Yahoo related websites (yahoo mail). Are these false positives because it is not tripping Malwarebytes webfilter when going to those sites?
roseward

Re: PCOP Blocking Yahoo.com

Post by roseward »

Yes i,m experiencing the same thing 200+ users
robertd

Post by robertd »

Same issue here. The info on how to report the non-malicious URL is here http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... f=68&t=337
roseward

Post by roseward »

Just been informed they're false positives and are currently being investigated...
MikeLSI

Post by MikeLSI »

Is Panda doing anything about it? I don't know how much longer we can put up with this? "Panda"
eaglzzz

Post by eaglzzz »

Hi, I am having the same problem and cannot get into yahoo to get to my mail on either FF or chrome, does anyone know what to do? Is Panda blocking yahoo? and if so how do I fix it? thanks!
robertd

Post by robertd »

eaglzzz wrote:Hi, I am having the same problem and cannot get into yahoo to get to my mail on either FF or chrome, does anyone know what to do? Is Panda blocking yahoo? and if so how do I fix it? thanks!
I have Endpoint Protection Plus and added an exception to the Web Access Control but that didn't seem to affect the Antivirus Web protection. So I guess the only option is to disable Web protection for now if you trust yahoo.com. See attached.
Attachments
panda.jpg
panda.jpg (72.42 KiB) Viewed 20481 times
as123

Post by as123 »

The current solution is added to allow
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

We are already working to correct the issue asap.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VikkiC18

Post by VikkiC18 »

For the moment I've added a lot of the addresses that Panda are flagging as malware to my 'allowed' settings in the Safe Browsing area of Global 2015, just so I can at least view and write my email.
One of the addresses that has been blocked continually today is: ads.yahoo.com, and a few others. When I was looking for answers that might be Yahoo-related, before I found this topic, I couldn't go to a Yahoo answers page as it was blocked too, so I had to manually add that as well.

It's annoying, but the most concern is that I don't know whether some of the addresses I'm allowing just to access my mail are prone to having malware hijacking them too. I'm not very technical so it's a worry.

Good to know Panda are aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”