[CLOSED] Issue with Outlook (inbound email)

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users
hmendes

[CLOSED] Issue with Outlook (inbound email)

Post by hmendes »

Hi,

I'm having problems in a costumer installation.
Some workstations with PCOP installed can't receive emails, but if i uninstall the PCOP protection, the problem is over.
Any suggestion?
rmadzharov

Re: Issue with Outlook (inbound email)

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To be able to understand the cause of the issue, we will need more information.

- is there anything common between the affected computers?
- how do you receive emails? Do you have exchange server, are you using MS Outlook or Outlook Express/Live Mail?
- what version of PCOP are you running?
- does disabling the protection solve the case?
- anything else you think can be useful.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
hmendes

Post by hmendes »

Hello,

This error occurs on computers with Windows 7 Professional and Windows XP Professional in a AD.
All computers use MS Outlook (2003 or 2007) configured with POP accounts.
All computers with PCOP version 6.10.10.

Finally, i have not tried to deactivate protection, but for sure if i uninstall the PCOP MS Outlook don't appear to have the problem.

I've already received a email from support, requesting unistalling and installing again, refering there was a problem with the update of PCOP from version 5.50, but in fact the problem persists.

I'm in contact with support, but still waiting for a resolution. In this mean time, my costumer uses Microsoft Security Essentials :oops: but there isn't another solution yet.

Thank you from your attention and answers.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english
tporrello

Post by tporrello »

I am also having the same issue. I called support and excluded .pst files from the anti-virus software scan with no luck. I have also tried disabling the firewall application with PCOP but that also did not work.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Do you get any error message when receiving email?

Let us know.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
tporrello

Post by tporrello »

The only error I get from outlook is a timeout after about 10 - 15 minutes of letting it send/receive. We had another user get this issues yesterday. To fix it, we closed outlook, updated panda, then opened outlook again. I am not sure if they had already received the update excluding .pst files from anti-virus scans or not but I believe that this helped.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

Try disabling the Mail Protection for the Group Profile you use.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

This sounds exactly like some of the problems we had with the Panda Firewall see my 5.5 to 6.1 post. Did you by chance DISABLE the panda firewall? My users had the same issue with Outlook, Panda said it isn't their issue. What I found is that the NIC card was set by ythe Panda Instyall / Upgrade to Public instead of Trusted when it installs. Double click the panda head, or right click and select configure firewall. See if the firwall is enabled. If it is make sure the zone is work or trusted and apply. If it isn't enabled what we learned i sthat you will still need to enable and change the zone to work or trusted and then you can disable the panda firewall if you don't wany to use. I found that if the firewall was disabled but the zone showed public it blocks Outlook from sending and receiving. I also had trouble with accessing network applications. If this works, PLEASE open a ticket with PANDA as they state NO one else has had this issue other than our company of 400+ nodes.
oneal31

Post by oneal31 »

I am getting the same issue and want an effective solution for it as i do not want to uninstall the PCOP protection.
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

oneal31 wrote:I am getting the same issue and want an effective solution for it as i do not want to uninstall the PCOP protection.
Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please let us know which is the exact agent and protection version you are having troubles with.

This information is visible in the PCOP web console.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

BR,
Radko

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Archive Issues”