[CLOSED] Spyware problem

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Antonio Nuzziello

[CLOSED] Spyware problem

Post by Antonio Nuzziello »

Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums so I am not sure where to properly post this. Hopefully I am in the right section. If this thread does not belong here I'd appreciate it if someone could move it to the appropriate section. Thank you.

Anyways, straight to the point. Everytime I run a virus check on my computer, Panda always finds the following spywares:

Cookie/DoubleClick

Cookie/Atlas DMT

Cookie/Serving-Sys

As far as I understand they all end up in the same location which is users/appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows...etc.

After running the virus check Panda tells me that all threats were removed, but when I move on to do a second virus check the same spywares (cookies) show up again.

Since spywares are a threat I'd like to know how I can permanently remove these issues.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Antonio Nuzziello
rmadzharov

Re: Spyware problem

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please be advised that cookies are harmless pieces of data unable to perform any action by themselves.
However, they may pose a security threat, since if someone is able to copy your cookies, they may be able to login in certain websites that you previously logged in and possibly access your personal information. Thus Panda will delete these cookies upon scanning. Cookies, however, will not be blocked by Panda as they are necessary for the correct operation of websites.

Hope this answers your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any further inquiries.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
Antonio Nuzziello

Post by Antonio Nuzziello »

Understood.

Thank you, Radko, for answering.

I guess that is why Panda does not remove them permanently. I suppose they are necessary for the correct operation of a website I keep visiting. It be nice to know what website would that be.

Regardless, "Phishing" seems to be my real problem. My analyses show 258 phishing just between last month and this month. But that is just another matter.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Antonio Nuzziello
rmadzharov

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your kind reply.

The Panda scan deletes all the cookies permanently, however, they come back as soon as you login to a website once again (because that is how your user/pass is remebered by the website).

Just FYI.

Let us know in case you have any further inquiries.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Topic closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”