[SOLVED] Infected by JS/JavaBlacole.A (?)

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
trinem

[SOLVED] Infected by JS/JavaBlacole.A (?)

Post by trinem »

I'm running Panda Global Protection 2013 on a Windows XP SP3 compter. I ran a scan earlier and it detected JS/JavaBlacole.A, however it was not quarantined or disinfected, only 'notified'.

I ran Panda Cloud Cleaner, but it it only reported registry entries about Windows firewall, Windows AV and automatic updates being turned off. I have also searched your virus encyclopaedia but could not find mention of this virus. I've not long run another scan with PGP 2013 and Cloud Cleaner. PGP still detects the virus, Cloud Cleaner does not.

The thing is that this virus is seemingly in a file that does not exist on my computer (C:\pagefile.sys). I have my folder options set to 'show hidden files and folders' - the file is not at that path and Windows search function did not find it anywhere. So I'm unable to remove it or quarantine it to send to Panda Labs.

Could someone please tell me how to resolve this? I'm not running any other security software and my Windows is patched save for a couple of .NetFramework updates. Panda is also up-to-date.
rmadzharov

Re: Infected by JS/JavaBlacole.A (?)

Post by rmadzharov »

Hi!

Please attach your Panda events report so that we can take a proper look.

Thank you.
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
problematiqueMG

Post by problematiqueMG »

Hello I've the same problem since yesterday

also the same detected file, JS/JavaBlacole.A c:\pagefile.sys. When running a scan it's only marked as NOTIFIED
maybe this is a false positive? I ran also Malwarebytes (MBAM) but when running a scan with this program there's nothing suspicious.

btw it's a Windows 8 (x64 system)
Panda Antivirus Pro 2013

I can't upload the report because it's not allowed to attach a txt file? when zipped and added as attachment the board says that the quota of attachments on the board have reached it's limit

EDIT: i have Java on my system but it is DISABLED in Chrome. Now I've uninstalled Java from my system
problematiqueMG

i've edited my post a few times by adding additional information.
Skandora
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Skandora »

Hello!

Please update your Panda software to download the latest signature file, then perform a full scan and check the event reports. Please let us know if anything is detected.

Kind regards,

Matthias
trinem

Post by trinem »

Thanks for the replies.

Yup, same as problematiqueMG when trying to upload the .txt file or .zip - it's a no go.

ProblematiqueMG - yes, I did think it was a false positive when Cloud Cleaner didn't find anything and I couldn't find the file on my computer. Still, it's a bit strange that something was detected in file that does not exist on my rig (or that I've been able to locate at any rate). Not that I claim to understand how these things work.

Wait, you can use other security-type programmes with Panda? I used to run Spybot S&D way back when I used Norton's (*shudder*) but Panda didn't play nice with it, and I've been under the impression from things I've read (quite a long while back in fairness) that Panda is not keen on running alongside similar programmes. Are there any incompatibilities between Panda and Malwarebytes that need to be worked round to get them working beside each other?

*Edit* Just seen the post above this, updating and running a scan now.
trinem

Post by trinem »

Scan complete and nothing detected! :) Thank you.

So it's safe to assume that this was indeed a false positive on a non-existent file then? (Still no idea how that's possible, but as long as there was/is no infection that more than makes up for any head-scratching).
problematiqueMG

thnx for the reply. i will update and scan my system again. hopefully it's solved. I'll let it know.

@trinem

i use malwarebytes with panda security. It's just a scanner for a second opinion, so its not an antivirus program and/or firewall. Have no issues with it and I use it quite a while now. (on several systems). On many ICT forums Malwarebytes is the first option they give you to install when you have virus issues so it's a very reliable and well known scanner.

just send me a private message if you want more info how to install the free version of malwarebytes (it can be a bit confusing when installing)
Skandora
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Skandora »

In most cases it was just a false positive, we have updated the signature file to correct this error. If the full scan detects nothing no more, it is safe to assume it was just a false positive.

Kind regards,

Matthias
trinem

Post by trinem »

Thank you again, Matthias (and the Panda team) for your quick responses.

And thank you, problematique, for the info on Malwarebytes and your offer. I'll have a look at Malwarebytes a little later and contact you about it. Good luck with your Panda scan!

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”