Run a cmd as administrator

See what other community members have asked about the product or write here your own queries. The experts will help you out!
reilstad

Run a cmd as administrator

Post by reilstad »

Hi,

We have an situation where some computer reside inside a very restricted network. We are able to send cmd commands to the computers but not use patch management.

I have an VBS script which downloads and installs all updates to devices, but this needs to run in an cmd with adminstrative rights.

Is there an way to set that the cmd schell to open should be with administrative right, or predefine the domain\user with password to open the cmd shell with proper rights ?

All tips are good tips :)
Mehrdad

Re: Run a cmd as administrator

Post by Mehrdad »

Regards,

Mehrdad
TechSupport Department - Panda Security
annamarsh

Post by annamarsh »

VBS scripts can also run on your windows system without being website primarily based. In case you double-click on a VBS document in home windows it will execute much like an exe record does. It utilizes window script host (wsh) to run like an exe. So be cautious clicking on a VBS report. You can view the contents of it by way of right-clicking and be choosing edit... Or open with... It's a text document format, like a bat document, which can also do harm to your device if it contains malicious instructions. Simply desired to feature this data too.
LogoNexus

Post by LogoNexus »

that's the info I was looking for as where I am working everything open on administrator access. besides is there any chance I can crack up the password in windows or used my own user profile in Windows 10 instead of admin access profile?
paperwriting

Post by paperwriting »

You can’t the cmd in a place where you have been given a different user ID. It will be hard for you run in an office unless you ask for permission. I believe there is no crack for it.
mortenvermund

Post by mortenvermund »

Thanks! After a lot of back-and-forth, I was finally directed to this thread who were able to resolve my issue appropriately. :idea:
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Perfect !! :D
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “SM - Issues”