Connection Broker Concurrent Connection

See what other community members have asked about the product or write here your own queries. The experts will help you out!
unyu123

Connection Broker Concurrent Connection

Post by unyu123 »

hi Pandaers,

let me tell you my story first :D
I have 1 PC with full internet connection in my network with PCSM installed, which automatically act as connection broker for the rest of network. The other PC's with PCSM agent installed have no internet connection, so these PC's sending PCSM information to cloud via the only 1 PC.

The problem is, some PC always appear offline (white icon). And if I give internet connection to these PC, they're automatically online.

My question,
1. does PCSM agent have limitation for concurrent peer connection?
2. how much concurrent peer connection can be handle at the same time? lets say I have 50 PC with only local network connection + 1 PC with full internet connetion, can this PC hadle all peer connection from the 50?
3. is maximum peer connection related to windows maximum concurrent connection?
4. Is there any idea/suggestions for solving my problem?

hope get the answer soon. ;)

thank you,

BR,
unyu123
icikiprit~~
bartblaze

Re: Connection Broker Concurrent Connection

Post by bartblaze »

Dear unyu123,

an internet connection is required for PCSM to work correctly - meaning it is also required for devices showing as offline in your console.

Let me know should you have any other questions.

Regards
Twitter: @bartblaze
Personal blog: http://bartblaze.blogspot.com
unyu123

Post by unyu123 »

hi bartblaze,
thanks for reply, but still grey in some points.

according to this article http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/enterp ... ?id=300127
if there is more than one Panda Cloud Systems Management agent installed on a LAN, one of those agents will be automatically designated as a connection broker (CB) and the connection broker will deal with all the keep-alives, audits, etc from the other devices on the LAN
so, how much peer connection can be handle at the same time by an agent that designated as a connection broker?
I have 1 PC with full internet connection in my network with PCSM installed, which automatically act as connection broker for the rest of network. The other PC's with PCSM agent installed have no internet connection, so these PC's sending PCSM information to cloud via the only 1 PC.
is audits still really working with this network conditions?
icikiprit~~
cka
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by cka »

Hi unyu123,

could you take a look at the log.txt files if there are problems reported?
Take a look on current of CB and of 1 client which use the CB.

C:\Programm Files (x86)\Panda Cloud System Management\log.txt (log0.txt, Log1.txt, etc)
/Applications/Centrastage.app/Contents/MacOS/Log.txt (log0.txt, Log1.txt, etc)

BR,

Christian
Regards,

CKa
Technical Support Germany,
Panda Security
unyu123

Post by unyu123 »

cka wrote:Hi unyu123,

could you take a look at the log.txt files if there are problems reported?
Take a look on current of CB and of 1 client which use the CB.
yes.

the log files contains this entry:
CagService.exe: Information: 11/5 12:15:08 No useable CB's discovered
CagService.exe: Warning : 11/5 12:15:29 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 54.76.36.99:443

btw, in some PCs without internet connection, the agent works normally, here's the log entry:
CagService.exe: Information: 06/5 13:54:24 Establishing connection with CB:TRUST-DC, Score:16 at 192.168.1.253

*just wanna make sure why the connection broker is not respond the connection request :D

BR,
unyu
icikiprit~~

Return to “SM - Issues”