Block Control Panel via PCSM

See what other community members have asked about the product or write here your own queries. The experts will help you out!
tcsdi_support1

Block Control Panel via PCSM

Post by tcsdi_support1 »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have tried to block control panel using PCSM? I want to block control panel so the end users cannot configure the settings like IP, programs, settings, etc

What I am looking at is doing it via REGEDIT, but it does not seem to work. Here are the methods I tried:

METHOD 1: Batch script component and execute to pc
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoControlPanel /t REG_DWORD /d 1

METHOD 2: Powershell script component and execute to pc
REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoControlPanel /t REG_DWORD /d 1

METHOD 3: Application component and execute to pc
no_cp.bat containing the script REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoControlPanel /t REG_DWORD /d 1

When I try to execute the job, it will just expire and the registry will not get updated.

Maybe there is a better way to accomplish blocking control panel access?
Attachments
no_cp_expired.PNG
no_cp_expired.PNG (13.89 KiB) Viewed 10735 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Block Control Panel via PCSM

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

May I suggest to disable Control Panel using a Windows Group Policy.

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
tcsdi_support1

Re: Block Control Panel via PCSM

Post by tcsdi_support1 »

Hello Darth,

That is actually one of our plans that we can do as a last resort. The reason is because there are 300 endpoints and there is no domain AD, that is why it would take us a very long time if we will do it one by one.

That is also why I thought that maybe we can do it via PCSM to make it more convenient and easier.

But I guess you are trying to say that it is not possible to do it in PCSM?

Return to “SM - Issues”