[SOLVED] Can PCSM generate barcode inventory?!

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
bobby09

[SOLVED] Can PCSM generate barcode inventory?!

Post by bobby09 »

Hello all,

1. Is there a possibility of automatic registration of the entire IT equipments (PCs, printers, peripherals), with the possibility of adding barcode on their tag, the rest of the devices being automatically detected?!

2. Can PCSM generate barcode inventory for the items or fixed assets to be placed manually depending on their class?!
rmadzharov

Re: Can PCSM generate barcode inventory?!

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Every device which has an PCSM agent installed will get a unique QR code containing hardware summary and profile/group information.

Let us know in case you have any further inquiries.

Thank you.

BR,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
bobby09

Post by bobby09 »

Hello,

Thanks for the response! Can you please tell me if we can add or remove the information that is contained by the QR code?! If yes, how can we do it :?:
bobby09

Post by bobby09 »

Hello,

Thanks for the response! Can you please tell me if we can add or remove the information that is contained by the QR code?! If yes, how can we do it :?:

Tnx
JAMPanda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by JAMPanda »

Bobby,

I'm not sure why this wasn't followed up on, but to answer your question, there is unfortunately no way to manually modify the information within the QR code. It is generated off of the information grabbed by the audit of the unit when the device entry is created.

Thanks.

Return to “SM - Archive Issues”