[CLOSED] Phone locked and unable to access phone due to privacy pin code

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Infinix

[CLOSED] Phone locked and unable to access phone due to privacy pin code

Post by Infinix »

Dear Forum,

I installed the free version of Panda Mobile Security in 3 months ago and activated the anti-theft function.

I replaced my regular SIM with a local SIM at my travel destination and my phone has locked it self out.

I am able to log in with my encrypted password at the initial password prompt, but after this l get a privacy pin code request, which l cant remember???

Please help, what is required or what do l need to do????

Thank you
Infinix
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Phone locked and unable to access phone due to privacy pin code

Post by VirusBuster »

I've been investigating and it is not related to Panda Mobile Security
The lock code you can set with Panda Mobilie Security is the same as you can set from the android settings - security - screen lock
You can access the antitheft section on your Panda Account and define a new blank lock code to remove the lock code, but as far as what I have been investigating it won't remove the privacy code

There are several forums about this issue, for example http://androidforums.com/threads/i-forg ... rd.932778/ where someone says:
Okay, here's what I found out. The Privacy Protection Password is set when you turn your phone on for the first time and is needed if the sim was ever changed so if someone got your phone without your permission, they couldn't use a new sim without it. Of course you knew this already and you must have set the password because I couldn't find anything about a default password like '0000' or '1234'. In any case, even a factory reset won't fix this as it is written to the system folder.

The solutions I found are very limited. One is to reflash the factory firmware. I have found a few supposed links to stock rom's but frankly I'm not satisfied they are legit and I wouldn't want to cause any further problems for you.

There was one post on xda that had a tool to bypass this, but it required the phone be put into debugging mode and without access you won't be able to. Besides, from what I read a lot of people were not having much success getting it to work.

Personally, I think it best to follow Mike's advice and contact the manufacturer directly to see if they can provide the firmware for you to flash along with instructions.
Try changing your regular SIM card again
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Phone locked and unable to access phone due to privacy pin code

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED