How do you block all traffic from an IP address: Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1

If you can't find the answer to your query, let the experts help you out! Add your query about Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro Edition here!
Delar

How do you block all traffic from an IP address: Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1

Post by Delar »

I am receiving many repeated unauthorized access attempts to my server running Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1.

I need to configure the firewall to prevent ALL incoming traffic from a specific IP address but I do not know how to accomplish it with Panda's Firewall software. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: How do you block all traffic from an IP address: Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

You cannot install Panda Antivirus Pro in a Windows Server. It is not a compatible operating system. Which operating system has the computer?

Regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Delar

Re: How do you block all traffic from an IP address: Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1

Post by Delar »

The computer's operating system that is running Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1 is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

The WAN IP address that is making the repeated unauthorized access attempts is 58.218.198.150 located in Nanjing Jiangsu - China and is listed on numerous blacklisted databases.
Darth Panda wrote:Hi,

You cannot install Panda Antivirus Pro in a Windows Server. It is not a compatible operating system. Which operating system has the computer?

Regards
Delar

Post by Delar »

Could I get assistance with blocking all traffic from an IP address using Panda Antivirus Pro version 17.0.1?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

Follow these steps to configure the user rules in the Firewall settings:

https://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/support/card?Id=82021

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com
Delar

Post by Delar »

Hi Darth Panda,

Thank you for the link to the user rules for Panda's firewall settings. Unfortunately I could not get the user rules to work. To test the functionality of these firewall user rules I have two different WAN IP addresses:

First WAN IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Second WAN IP Address: YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY

I have forwarding set for port 22 (SSH) on my router. I want Panda's firewall to block port 22 traffic for ALL WAN IP addresses except one, the first WAN IP Address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

First I created rule:

Name: Allow Inbound Port 22
Applies to: All programs
Action: Allow inbound connections
Zones: All three checked
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Local ports: All
Remote ports: All
Addresses: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Second I created rule:

Name: Deny Inbound Port 22
Applies to: All programs
Action: Deny inbound connections
Zones: All three checked
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Local ports: Some: 22
Remote ports: Some: 22
Addresses: All

In the program control of the firewall, I positioned user rules in the first (Allow Inbound Port 22) and second (Deny Inbound Port 22) positions:

Allow Inbound Port 22
Deny Inbound Port 22

I rebooted the computer. I went to the computer setup with the first IP Address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) listed in the first position rule (Allow Inbound Port 22) and successfully logged into the SSH on the computer with the Panda Firewall set.

I went to the other computer setup with the second IP Address (YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY) which should be blocked by the second position rule (Deny Inbound Port 22) but was still able to successfully logged into the SSH on the computer with the Panda Firewall set.

The second rule (Deny Inbound Port 22) should block all port 22 traffic except for the IP Address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX that the first rule (Allow Inbound Port 22) allowed. Unfortunately the second rule (Deny Inbound Port 22) doesn't seem to be working at all as I can log into the port 22 (SSH) from any IP address at all.

Any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

we need to open a case to find what's going on.
I am sending you a PM.

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro Edition - Issues”