[CLOSED] Hi panda decided randomly to disable my Asus sound card

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Dstream

[CLOSED] Hi panda decided randomly to disable my Asus sound card

Post by Dstream »

Hello Panda today decided my asus sound card driver I've used since My pc installed windows 8.1 is a virus and has quarantined it.

Virus detected W32/Exploit.gen 19/02/2015 20:32 Neutralized Location: C:\Program Files\ASUS Xonar D2X Audio\Customapp\ASUSAUDIOCENTER.EXE
Synchronization 19/02/2015 16:07 Synchronized Your protection has synchronized with the cloud against the latest threats.
Synchronization 19/02/2015 10:27 Synchronized Your protection has synchronized with the cloud against the latest threats.
Synchronization 18/02/2015 12:47 Synchronized Your protection has synchronized with the cloud against the latest threats.
Synchronization 17/02/2015 12:07 Synchronized Your protection has synchronized with the cloud against the latest threats.

Today I've manually unblocked it

Item unblocked 23/02/2015 20:05 Location: C:\Program Files\ASUS Xonar D2X Audio\Customapp\ASUSAUDIOCENTER.EXE <<<< its not even in that location its in lost and found. Id have to either manually reinstall the driver or copy it from lost and found as its sat there now. If I was a newbie id have no idea what its done.

However panda has not copied it back to its location. However it said it was doing something when unblocked. its just deleted it from quarantine inside panda cloud.

Its left it in the lost and found folder and just updated the date settings on it and NOT copied it back to its original location. Still leaving the sound card disabled.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Hi panda decided randomly to disable my Asus sound card

Post by VirusBuster »

Did you reboot after restoring it to its original location?
Please follow this thread to report the false positive issue to our laboratory:
How to report malware or false positive issues
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Hi panda decided randomly to disable my Asus sound card

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response