[SOLVED] Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
cp1

Re: Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Post by cp1 »

Success! Here are the steps I followed:
1) Last night, I downloaded and put on my desktop the executables of both, the generic uninstaller and Panda Cloud Antivirus Free version.
2) Then I used Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Panda.
3) Then I ran the generic uninstaller to mop up anything that may have been left over from the step 2 uninstall.
4) Then I shut down my laptop and restarted it.
5) I ran CCleaner to clean up Windows and also the registry.
6) Once again, I shut down my laptop and restarted it.
7) Then I installed PCAV from the executable on my desktop (see step 1).
8) Then I shut down and restarted my laptop again.
9) Then I ran a full, in depth system scan (no malware was found).
10) Lastly, I added my Scheduled scans to PCAV.

Some of the above 10 steps may have been overkill, but everything went very smoothly and PCAV is functioning very well.

Recall that what prompted my problems was when I located and changed Window's Task Scheduler's entries that were created by Panda when I added a couple of Scheduled scans. I made changes to those Task Scheduler entries because PCAV's Scheduled scans were not happening; when my computer is in sleep or hibernate mode, the Task Scheduler entries were not set to wake up my laptop. And when I changed the settings so my computer would wake up, it broke the connection with Panda's interface so that I could not longer user that interface to edit or delete those scans. To address that issue, I have now made two separate Task Scheduler tasks that will wake up my laptop two minutes before the Scheduled scans are set to begin.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Post by PandaSupport1 »

ISSUE SOLVED
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition - Archive Issues”