[CLOSED] win xp can't reinstall

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
bobtilde

[CLOSED] win xp can't reinstall

Post by bobtilde »

Hi,
This morning as my laptop booted, I began to get error messages about psuamain.exe. After the internet told me it was a panda file, I decided to uninstall. No problems with uninstall.
Then I went to panda website and downloaded new panda cloud internet-based installer. Didn't work, and recommended I download full install. Full install also didn't work, so I tried uninstallers, then installing.
Still no luck. After looking on the forum, I created a new XP user with admin right and password. I logged in as user and tried both installers. Still nothing.
I'm attaching the log files.
Looking forward to any help I can get!
Thanks in advance, and have a great day.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: win xp can't reinstall

Post by VirusBuster »

You will need to update the MSXML Core services
Download and install the patch matching your operating system from the Microsoft's help below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973687/
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bobtilde

Post by bobtilde »

Hi Jorge, Thanks for your prompt reply.
I updated the MSXML core services. My msxml3.dll version is: 8.100.1054.0 as compared to the minimum of: 8.100.1051.0. My msxml6.dll is: 6.20.2502.0 as compared to: 6.20.1103.0.
After installing, I rebooted and logged into the Panda user with admin rights I created. Both web-based and full install versions failed.
Log from full install is attached. Looking forward to more ideas!
Thank you.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

After studying the provided information and in order to offer you a solution as soon as possible, we suggest performing a remote session to the affected machine through a secure application.

During this remote session we would be able to perform all the tests needed and gather the needed information in order to solve the problem.

In order to perform this remote session we need you to provide us with at least 24 hours in advance a date and time when you would be able to establish the remote connection.

We work from Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 am in the morning to 18:00 pm in the afternoon in local Spanish time (CET/GMT+1) and Fridays from 8:30 am in the morning to 15:00 pm in the afternoon in local Spanish time (CET/GMT+1).

Please let me know when suits you so we can arrange a date and provide you the connection details.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,