Trj/Agent.IFEO detected by Cloud Cleaner keeps returning

Post your query about Panda Cloud Cleaner here. Our experts will assist you!
myon5

Trj/Agent.IFEO detected by Cloud Cleaner keeps returning

Post by myon5 »

Hi, Cloud Cleaner detects TRJ/Agent.IFEO Malware that it says it removes, but the malware is still present and keeps getting detected by Cloud Cleaner after I restart my system as instructed. Also I had erased my system restore points to prevent malware traces. Why is Panda Cloud Cleaner not permanently removing the malware ? Or are these False Positive detections and are legitimate and clean system files ?

Malware ID+1024324.ID= TRJ/Agent.IFEO

RegKey:HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options\ SetLoader.exe

OR

\Image File Execution Options\DriverCtrl.exe
\Image File Execution Options\Deloeminfs.exe
\Image File Execution Options\Bdfvwiz.exe
\Image File Execution Options\BDFVCL.exe
\Image File Execution Options\About.exe
\Image File Execution Options\ODJW.exe
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Trj/Agent.IFEO detected by Cloud Cleaner keeps returning

Post by Darth Panda »

Try to run panda cloud cleaner in safe mode.
of choose the option:

Advanced options

and check

activate safe mode analysis

and then run the analysis
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
myon5

Post by myon5 »

When I choose Advanced, it only gives me the option to Check "Activate Trusted Boot Scan", which after selecting it only offers to do a scan and once I choose do the scan it always says SETUP "ERROR DURING ANALYSIS" and then only gives me the choice to Exit. I tried this a couple of times before and I got the same result.

A couple of other issue that I am not sure if it they are related is that my free Panda Dome software keeps detecting a file called wsc.dll even after I allow it to be quarantined. It detects it again and again. But I am concerned if it is a False Positive or not. Since it shows it as part of my Bitdefender's Program Files. Is the WSC.dll a legitimate file or a false positive by Panda ?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

wsc.dll as fat as i am informed is part of avast antivirus software.
you said yo have bitdefender, also leftovers for Avast...
How many antivirus dou you have installed on the computer?
MyAdvice? install just one. choose the one you like, and install it.
Most of antivirus companies will detect files from other companies as "suspicious", as the interaction with the computer is not like a normal interaction.

and the computer will run slower, and it could even hung, as all antivirus are dealing with the same file and fighting to analize it quickly.
www.pandasecurity.com
myon5

Post by myon5 »

Ok. Thanks. But I wonder why Panda is detecting it in a Bitdefender File as I listed ?

Also what about the Trj/Agent.IFEO issue, when I choose Advanced in Cloud Cleaner as you suggested, it only gaves me the option to Check "Activate Trusted Boot Scan", which after selecting it only offers to do a scan and once I choose do the scan it always says SETUP "ERROR DURING ANALYSIS" and then only gives me the choice to Exit. I tried this a couple of times before and I got the same result.

Is this Trj/Agent.IFEO malware infections in those listed files ? If it is, how do I permanently remove it, since it keeps coming back and getting detected again after Panda Cloud Cleaner says it removed it upon restart. Thanks.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Pleae remove all other antiviruses, and check again.
Problem with files on memory, is that of being very difficult to remove. and if they belong to another antivirus , they might be protected against deletion.
www.pandasecurity.com
myon5

Post by myon5 »

ok. But the ones I would be removing are the Free Panda Dome, others I use are either just on-demand scanning tools, while others are compatible Antivirus such as Malwarebytes Premium and HtmanPro, etc designed to work alongside my main vendor Bitdefender. I usually have not had many issues.

Is there any available information to indicate if these are Malware or legit files. I don't see much info online. Any other way to check them ?

Thanks
myon5

Post by myon5 »

I have found out that some programs use Image File Execution Option for debugging purposes, but such can be flagged by AVs since debugging can be misused or exploited as debugging allowance can leave a system vulnerable. Is that accurate ? Could Panda Cloud's detections of Trj/Agent.IFEO files as malware therefore be False Positives or is there any indication from the Panda Cloud scan log to show them as actual malware ? Or is removing my longtime compatible programs the only way to tell ? Most programs designed to work alongside, others are on-demand scanners. Thanks.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Exclude from analysis the folders containing your other antivirus software
Then, conduct an analysis.

on panda cloud cleaner, you can choose which folders you wan anlalysed. Do not mark the folders for your antivirus programs, and check the others.
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Cloud Cleaner - Issues”