[CLOSED] questions about Panda Cloud Cleaner

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Johnny_Sokko

[CLOSED] questions about Panda Cloud Cleaner

Post by Johnny_Sokko »

Hello.

I have a couple of questions about Panda Cloud Cleaner that I would like to ask.

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but I'm not sure. I realize this forum appears to be for reporting issues, not for asking questions, but I couldn't find any other Panda Cloud Cleaner forum with the ability to post a new topic.

My questions . . .

1.) When searching for information about Panda Cloud Cleaner, I found a web page that said "Panda Cloud Cleaner is now a part of Panda Antivirus Pro 2015." (See attached screenshot.)

Does that mean Panda Cloud Cleaner is no longer available as a free on-demand online scanner?

2.) A couple of years ago, I used a online scanner made by Panda called ActiveScan. What's the difference between ActiveScan and Panda Cloud Cleaner?

Thanks.
Attachments
does this mean Panda Cloud Cleaner is no longer available as an online on-demand scanner.png
does this mean Panda Cloud Cleaner is no longer available as an online on-demand scanner.png (94.33 KiB) Viewed 9489 times
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: questions about Panda Cloud Cleaner

Post by VirusBuster »

Johnny_Sokko wrote:1.) When searching for information about Panda Cloud Cleaner, I found a web page that said "Panda Cloud Cleaner is now a part of Panda Antivirus Pro 2015." (See attached screenshot.)
Does that mean Panda Cloud Cleaner is no longer available as a free on-demand online scanner?
Not at all, Panda Cloud Cleaner still is and will continue to be free as a standalone (not resident protectio) tool
What does mean is that the Consumer 2015 products include the Panda Cloud Cleaner download
Johnny_Sokko wrote:2.) A couple of years ago, I used a online scanner made by Panda called ActiveScan. What's the difference between ActiveScan and Panda Cloud Cleaner?
Cloud Cleaner is the substitute or evolution if you prefer of Active Scan
It has a much better detection engine and it is not Internet browser dependant as ActiveScan
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Johnny_Sokko

Post by Johnny_Sokko »

Thanks for the answers. I appreciate it.

1.) Regarding my first question, thank you for clearing that up. I'm glad to hear that Panda Cloud Cleaner will continue to remain available as an online on-demand scanner.

2.) Regarding my second question, thank you for explaining. I do have a couple of follow-up questions that I would like to ask, though.

a.) According to what you said, Panda Cloud Cleaner replaced ActiveScan. That's fine, but I'm curious about the following link that I found that still directs to ActiveScan ( http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/ ). I didn't try using it, but I can't help wondering whether or not it's still functional. Is it?

b.) If it is still functional, how current is its database? Meaning, does it still receive updates to its virus and malware definitions on a regular basis? If not, when was it last updated?

c.) And one more thing. I read somewhere about another Panda product, which I believe is also an online on-demand scanner, called Panda Nemesis. I couldn't find any other information about it, though. Just curious, what is Panda Nemesis?

Thanks!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

a. Yes, it is still active
b. It also uses updated signatures
c. Nemesis was the previous name of Cloud Cleaner, that's why you can't find it now, all the references should direct you now to Cloud Cleaner
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Johnny_Sokko

Post by Johnny_Sokko »

VirusBuster wrote:
Johnny_Sokko wrote:2.) A couple of years ago, I used a online scanner made by Panda called ActiveScan. What's the difference between ActiveScan and Panda Cloud Cleaner?
Cloud Cleaner is the substitute or evolution if you prefer of Active Scan. It has a much better detection engine and it is not Internet browser dependent as ActiveScan
Hello, VirusBuster.

I used Panda Cloud Cleaner for the first time yesterday and I want to clarify something for the benefit of anyone else who may read this.

When I asked you about the difference between ActiveScan and Panda Cloud Cleaner, you replied and said, "Cloud Cleaner is the substitute or evolution if you prefer of Active Scan. It has a much better detection engine and it is not Internet browser dependent as ActiveScan."

All of that may very well be true, but you left out a very important difference. That is, ActiveScan is an actual online scanner. Installation is not required. With the exception of a tiny ActiveX control which can be easily deleted, nothing needs to be installed on your computer to use ActiveScan.

Panda Cloud Cleaner, however, is not an online scanner. And, unlike ActiveScan, Panda Cloud Cleaner does require installation.

I consider that to be a pretty big difference, so I wanted to point it out so other users would be aware that this is another difference between the two products.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

There are different versions of PCC, including a portable version which doesn't require installation
Regards,

Jorge Torre

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,