[SOLVED] upgrade to version 15.04

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
problematiqueMG

[SOLVED] upgrade to version 15.04

Post by problematiqueMG »

Hello,

Are you guys planning an automatic upgrade from 15.03 to 15.04?

As far I can remember in previous editions those version upgrades were done automatically instead of re-installing the whole product. You got a message after updating the product saying that a restart was required and after restart you had the newest version. Tell me if i'm wrong.

15.03 is still working fine for me so I don't think one second of upgrading (read: re-installing panda) to 15.04. Unless the upgrade fix (major) security issues.

What happens if there's going to be 15.05 15.06 15.07 we have to reinstall Panda all over again and again and again? I'm a very happy customer of Panda products for over 6 years but this is a bit disappointing
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: upgrade to version 15.04

Post by VirusBuster »

For the moment the only upgrade available is from the old 3.x.x (Panda Cloud Antivirus) versions to 15.0.4
There is no plan to upgrade auntomatically from 15.0.3 to 15.0.4 as it only include minor fixes
However, 15.0.4 will be automatically upgraded to 15.0.5 after its released. First we release the full version and after properly certifying the upgrade, which will take several weeks more, we will also release it
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
problematiqueMG

Post by problematiqueMG »

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

One final question... is version 15.04 necessary to get the 15.05 upgrade in the future Or are the 15.03 versions also going to be upgraded to 15.05?
TaTienDo
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by TaTienDo »

Hi,

at this moment we don't know sure, but it's very probably. You will upgrade to 15.05 from all previous versions.

Regards,

Return to “Consumer 2015 + Gold Protection + Internet Protection - Archive Issues”