[CLOSED] Panda blocking everything

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
denny5684

[CLOSED] Panda blocking everything

Post by denny5684 »

My friend has installed Panda Global Protection 2015 version 15.0.4 a year ago. (OS: Win 8.1)
Everything fine, but 2 weeks ago she called me and said he thinks she has malware on his pc even Panda couldn't remove.
So I suggest him to download Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.
Malwarebytes found a hundred potentially unwanted programs, and viruses like Optimizer Pro.
She has removed all this malware with malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.

When I run now malwarebytes and AdwCleaner: no viruses or malware or pup's are found, so i don't have viruses on the pc (or the viruses aren't removed correctely?)

But now...
She can't open programs, like Chrome, Notepad, Internet Explorer, ... all are blocked by Panda !
Even photos (jpg file) opens with Word...

For example, when i want to start Chrome this is the message from Panda: (and Windows!)
Windows says: Can't enter to the device, path or file (sorry my english is bad)
Panda says: blocked application, trying to execute delegate_execute.exe blocked, when i click on "more about this warning, i get 3 messages "Try to execute delegate_execute.exe blocked and "Try to execute Iexplore blocked" . That's strange because i don't want to run iexplore, but Chrome and i get an error from iexplore by panda...

What's going on here on my pc with panda?

So almost everythings blocked after removal viruses with malwarebytes and adwcleaner.
I like Panda Global Protection 2015 because it's a very good antivirus, but now it blocks everything?
I haven't a recent system restore point.
Txaber
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda blocking everything

Post by Txaber »

HI,

Could you check if with 2016 version the problen solves?

You can use the same activation code for 2016 version.

Let us know the results.
Regards,

Txaber Gartzia
TechSupport Department, Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
denny5684

Post by denny5684 »

I've found the "solution":

Application Management/
A lot of applications are set "Denied" (not Allowed"), so for example i have to set Chrome to "Allow" there.

That's strange. Why Panda set Chrome to "Not allowed". That's the reasons of all the blocks. Even Flash has status "Not Allowed". When I set it to "Allow", it updates. Even Windows Update service has been set "Not Allowed".

I have all set the basic services of windows there to allow.

What's the reason? Maybe the computer user said "Not Allow" when Panda ask to allow for example to run Chrome? But why ask Panda to the user to allow Chrome? Chrome is always safe, no? So when the user answered wrong, then Chrome is blocked? When Panda ask to run Flash and the user answered wrong, all Flash in websites doesn't work. So why Flash and Chrome isn't set "standard" as "Allow" in the Applications Management?

So I'm going to reset (to factory settings) the laptop. After that i'll install Panda again. I've to remove the antivirus that comes with the factory settings. I ve the activation code, i can see it in the settings of Panda, so can i uninstall Panda and install Panda 2016 with the activation code? So that's possible without making an account? Is Panda 2016 better? Has it also a "Application Management" that blocks Chrome when user answered wrong? :D Thanks a lot for helping mee. I wait for your response.

When it happens again, can i say to her that she can safely change "not allowed" to "allow" when chrome is blocked?

Extra question:
Is Panda 2016 (cloud?) compatible with Sandboxie latest version or gives this problems to install it together?
Txaber
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Txaber »

Hi,

We have similar issues because the automatic upgrade from 2015 to 2016.

Uninstall the 2015 version manually using next tool:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/ ... taller.exe

Then, install 2016 version from here and install:

http://download.pandasecurity.com/thank ... 1435922729

2016 version uses the APP control too but have a lot of fixes and new features.

Try it and let us know the results. Your 2015 activation code is valid for 2016 version too.

denny5684 wrote:I've found the "solution":

Application Management/
A lot of applications are set "Denied" (not Allowed"), so for example i have to set Chrome to "Allow" there.

That's strange. Why Panda set Chrome to "Not allowed". That's the reasons of all the blocks. Even Flash has status "Not Allowed". When I set it to "Allow", it updates. Even Windows Update service has been set "Not Allowed".

I have all set the basic services of windows there to allow.

What's the reason? Maybe the computer user said "Not Allow" when Panda ask to allow for example to run Chrome? But why ask Panda to the user to allow Chrome? Chrome is always safe, no? So when the user answered wrong, then Chrome is blocked? When Panda ask to run Flash and the user answered wrong, all Flash in websites doesn't work. So why Flash and Chrome isn't set "standard" as "Allow" in the Applications Management?

So I'm going to reset (to factory settings) the laptop. After that i'll install Panda again. I've to remove the antivirus that comes with the factory settings. I ve the activation code, i can see it in the settings of Panda, so can i uninstall Panda and install Panda 2016 with the activation code? So that's possible without making an account? Is Panda 2016 better? Has it also a "Application Management" that blocks Chrome when user answered wrong? :D Thanks a lot for helping mee. I wait for your response.

When it happens again, can i say to her that she can safely change "not allowed" to "allow" when chrome is blocked?

Extra question:
Is Panda 2016 (cloud?) compatible with Sandboxie latest version or gives this problems to install it together?
Regards,

Txaber Gartzia
TechSupport Department, Panda Security

denny5684

Post by denny5684 »

Thanks a lot.

Question 1:
So with my bought code I can install Panda as many times as I want on the same laptop even after reformat the laptop?
I've installed the new 2016 version.
I was surprised that Application Manager was disabled as default? That's good because every time you run something the user does'nt have to allow it.

Question 2: My question is, what are the defaults of Panda Protection 2016 (in the main screen, what is enabled and what is disabled by default in version Global Protection 2016)?
So by default Application Manager is disabled, also Data Protection? What is disabled by default by Panda Global Protection 2016??? I hope the code for version 2015 doesn't take over the settings from version 2015? Also Wifi Protection is disabled in the main screen? So people who are students and are living in apartment , does they have to enable Wifi Protection?

Question 3:
Panda blocks this URL thing that runs every time I start the laptop:
http://www.notifications.ennova-researc ... iodic/BE/1

Is dit malware? I think it has something to do with the app My Toshiba, but when i remove the app My Toshiba, Panda still blocks and the url try to run every time i start the laptp.

Can you please answer these 3 questions? Thanks a lot.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

denny5684 wrote:Question 1:
So with my bought code I can install Panda as many times as I want on the same laptop even after reformat the laptop?
Yes, but bear in mind that if you format the laptop (not restore to factory) the MUID (Machine Unique IDentifier) may change, thus making the piracy control think that is a different machine
denny5684 wrote:Question 2: My question is, what are the defaults of Panda Protection 2016 (in the main screen, what is enabled and what is disabled by default in version Global Protection 2016)?
As far as i know Application control, Data Protection and Wifi protection are disabled by default, the others enabled
But I'm not sure
If you have doubts about the protections, please access the product help
denny5684 wrote:Question 3:
Panda blocks this URL thing that runs every time I start the laptop:
www.notifications.ennova-research.com/N ... iodic/BE/1

Is dit malware? I think it has something to do with the app My Toshiba, but when i remove the app My Toshiba, Panda still blocks and the url try to run every time i start the laptp.
It seems to be related to some Toshiba software, but I don't know which one
Perhaps Toshiba support tema can help you with that
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

Return to “Consumer 2015 + Gold Protection + Internet Protection - Archive Issues”