[SOLVED] [04262137] Panda Internet Protection 2015 - Uninstalling Problem (and some more)

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
BradHewitt

Re: [04262137] Panda Internet Protection 2015 - Uninstalling Problem (and some more)

Post by BradHewitt »

I have similar issues as posted on this forum with one twist.

Windows 10 was installed and updated after a period of time w/o any issues with my Panda Gold software. However went I cloned my drive from one SSD to another the shortcut no longer worked (which I expected). So upon attempts to run it I got the compatibility errors happened and I haven't been able to fix them.

So up to here is where I share the issues with other users. I was prompted to uninstall the existing installation but an error presented itself:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action
PSI_PSANCU_Exec_CloseAllIface, location: C:\Users\LEGOOF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{FC002254-4E11-45B9-839E-B0E2A9BDC4C6}\\PSANCU.exe, command: /closealliface

I must include a complaint with this posting. Upon speaking with a technical rep it was suggested that I allow a remote connection into my machine but before that I would have to accept a charge for doing so!! I have been a loyal user of the product for about 6 years now and the application has been doing what its designed for so what happened to customer service?? Granted I'd comply if I was using a free version but this isn't the case. So here I am posting this issue as a result of that incident.

Thanks
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [04262137] Panda Internet Protection 2015 - Uninstalling Problem (and some more)

Post by VirusBuster »

BradHewitt wrote:So up to here is where I share the issues with other users. I was prompted to uninstall the existing installation but an error presented itself:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action
PSI_PSANCU_Exec_CloseAllIface, location: C:\Users\LEGOOF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{FC002254-4E11-45B9-839E-B0E2A9BDC4C6}\\PSANCU.exe, command: /closealliface
Try using the generic uninstaller
If the problem persists, we will need a PCOPInfo
BradHewitt wrote:I must include a complaint with this posting. Upon speaking with a technical rep it was suggested that I allow a remote connection into my machine but before that I would have to accept a charge for doing so!! I have been a loyal user of the product for about 6 years now and the application has been doing what its designed for so what happened to customer service?? Granted I'd comply if I was using a free version but this isn't the case. So here I am posting this issue as a result of that incident.
Were you given a case number when you spoke with the technician? Tell me the case number so that I can follow it
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

VirusBuster wrote:We have created the case 04262137 for this issue
I will send you a PM in a few minutes
The problem was corrected during a remote session
It was caused because the upgrade to Windows 10 messed up the antivirus uninstaller
Regards,

Jorge Torre

destur

Post by destur »

Thanks to everybody at "Technical Support" for resolving the problem.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

ISSUE SOLVED
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Consumer 2015 + Gold Protection + Internet Protection - Archive Issues”