[CLOSED] Licence problems

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Anakin.dk

[CLOSED] Licence problems

Post by Anakin.dk »

Hello,
I've used Panda since 2004,without serious incidents. A few weeks ago I sold one of my laptops, and in the hurry, I forgot to uninstall PGP15. I called the buyer and asked him to remove the program, but I can never be sure that it is actually done.

Therefor I contacted Panda Support Denmark, who sent me a new activation key (5 licences), that would solve the problem. In the meantime I upgraded to PGP2016. Sadly that, somehow, just extended the licence for PGP2015, the one I needed deactivated.

My computer runs PGP2016, perfect, I haven't upgraded my second laptop, as I wanted to make sure it would be deactivated in time. Sadly it recieveed another year during the update. How is that possible, the activation key should be invalid, the program has been updated - how can it recieve an extra year with wrong keys????

Last tiime I upgraded from IS14 to PGP15, IS14 was immediatly deactivated, why doesn't it work like that when I upgrade from PGP15 to PGP16??

I need help from Panda to solve this, as I do not wish to pay for other peoples security.

Kind regards
Frank
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Licence problems

Post by VirusBuster »

Licensing issues must be dealed with customer service department
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Anakin.dk

Post by Anakin.dk »

Hi,
Not to be rude, but I already tried that, almost two hours on the phone.
I wrote two forms, which both returned the answer "You need to uninstall..." (I'd love to do that, but the laptop is not in my hands anymore)

I wrote on Facebook, and got a few answers, one of them gave me a new activation key, but somehow that worked in the exact opposite way, as it extended the old program with another year, instead of revoking the activation key used.

I tried in here as a final attempt, hoping one of you have authority to revoke activation codes.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Sorry, but being a licensing issue, it can't be managed from the support team, but customer service instead
I'm afraid that I can't help you with that as a support technian I don't have those privileges over the database

This is something that must be deal with the customer service department, try emailing the customer service headquarters at customer.service@pandasecurity.com about this matter
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Consumer 2015 + Gold Protection + Internet Protection - Archive Issues”