[SOLVED] Internet Security 2015 - Antivirus upgrades

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
TerryT

[SOLVED] Internet Security 2015 - Antivirus upgrades

Post by TerryT »

We are running Panda Internet Security (IS) 2015 on 2 Dell Laptops with Windows 7 and Windows 8.
When we start up the PCs we have started to get a small window message that appears to come from Panda Internet Security 2015 saying “There are antivirus upgrades yet to be applied” and asking us to press an “ok” button. The Windows 7 PC gets this message more frequently than the Windows 8 laptop.
I’m slightly surprised and concerned about the validity of this message (and hence this posting) because:
1) I understood (from IS 2015 Help/FAQ/”Is it necessary to update the antivirus”) that one of the features of IS 2015 was that it didn’t need daily antivirus signature file updates because the equivalent information is obtained from the cloud as required (Collective Intelligence)
2) We’ve been running IS 2015 since May 2015 and have only just begun getting this message.
3) The message doesn’t appear every time we start up either PC
I would be grateful if:
1) you could confirm that this is a genuine message from Panda and that we should press “ok” to get the antivirus upgrades applied
2) very briefly explain why this is needed with Collective Intelligence
3) very briefly explain why we haven’t seen this small window message before.
Please accept my apologies if this matter is covered elsewhere on the forums – I have looked and searched but can’t find anything
Happy to provide screenshots or any other info if that helps.
Many thanks
Terry
TerryT

Re: Internet Security 2015 - Antivirus upgrades

Post by TerryT »

This is now "solved". Both of our PCs have now upgraded, without our conscious agreement, to the Panda Internet Security 2016 product. In some respects this is a good thing - a free upgrade.

But I'm not keen on software that runs on my PC changing itself without my explicit permission.

If it had to happen then I'm sure we could have been lead to an appropriate part of the Panda website for a few words of explanation

Also no-one in the Panda team has responded to my post. This is disappointing

I see from other posts that other uses have had problems with this seemingly automatic upgrade.

As a customer of some 10 years standing this is not the customer service I have come to expect from Panda

Terry
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

It was a product version upgrade to the latest 2016 version
TerryT wrote:If it had to happen then I'm sure we could have been lead to an appropriate part of the Panda website for a few words of explanation
If you link add a new thread at the suggestions subforum so that its taken into account for future upgrades
TerryT wrote:Also no-one in the Panda team has responded to my post. This is disappointing
I've been quite busy lately and not been able to answer before, but as a paying customer you can also submit a case to the local support team in your country through your Panda Account by clicking on Menu on the top left side - Need help - Fill out form...
Or you can email them to the corresponding Contact addresses
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
TerryT

Post by TerryT »

After the event it is quite obvious that this was an upgrade to the 2016 product. It would have been really helpful if this had been made obvious before the event.

I appreciate that you are busy but this would have been a really quick one to respond to.

Anyway...thanks

And please close the this thread

Terry
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

ISSUE SOLVED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Consumer 2015 + Gold Protection + Internet Protection - Archive Issues”