[04461676] Scheduled scans not launching if exceptions are involved.

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
sirvalence

[04461676] Scheduled scans not launching if exceptions are involved.

Post by sirvalence »

Greetings. I'm currently running Panda Protection Free v18.00.00 on two laptops and 3 PCs. Everything has been going great on the new version but I've noticed that only one of my devices launches and completes my scheduled scan. I've created a scheduled scan to run Saturday morning at 3:00AM on all of my devices. Ever since I've installed v18, only one of my computers actually launches and completes the scan. The only difference I could find in the configuration is that this is the only computer I did not specify any exceptions. On every other computer, I have exceptions set up in both On-Demand scans and the Scheduled scan. If it helps, I've checked the Windows Task Scheduler on these other computers and it shows that the scheduled scan task created by Panda launched successfully with a 0x0 success code. However, when I look at the Panda Summary or Antivirus - Full Report, I see no entry for my full scheduled scan. I've also noticed that the total number of files scanned as reported on the main Panda screen is much greater on that lone computer that successfully ran the scheduled scan... 100,000+ more files. Let me know if you need any more info, logs and such. Thanks for your help!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Scheduled scans not launching if exceptions are involved.

Post by VirusBuster »

Was the machine powered on (not suspended or hibernating) at the time the scan was supposed to be done?

Go to start - run, type taskschd.msc and press Ok
Locate the task in the library, it will be one with a random name between {}
Edit its settings, go to the Conditions tab
Check the box "Activate the machine to run this task" (Sorry, I don't have a machine with the operating system in English, so the translation may not be accurate)
Accept the settings
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
sirvalence

Post by sirvalence »

Thanks for the quick response. As for the PCs, they remain on and locked overnight. I have the power/sleep settings set to never go to sleep or hibernate. I double checked my two laptops and they are also set to never go to sleep. I located the checkbox for the Panda job in Windows Task Scheduler "Wake the computer to run this task". I checked this checkbox and went back to Panda to reschedule my scan. Unfortunately, the scheduled did not start. I didn't see an entry in the Panda Event Report. As a test, I removed my Exclusions, set my schedule scan to run in the next 30 minutes and the scan started properly. I've been using a single .exe as my Exclusion for my testing: C:\Windows\write.exe... Wordpad. If it helps, I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64. Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Thanks again.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Hi,

I managed to replicate the issue, so I have created the case 04461676 to study it
I'll keep you updated
Regards,

Jorge Torre

sheineman1

Re: [04461676] Scheduled scans not launching if exceptions are involved.

Post by sheineman1 »

FYI, I have observed the same problem. Scheduled scans (that had exclusions) were not taking place. I stumbled upon this topic. I tried deleting the exclusions, and sure enough the scan took place as scheduled. I have good reasons for the exclusions and would really like to see this problem solved.

I am running Windows 10 Home Edition on a 64-bit Lenovo laptop.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [04461676] Scheduled scans not launching if exceptions are involved.

Post by VirusBuster »

This is just to inform that we have already certified and published the new 18.1.0 version that should correct the issue
You can download it from here or from your own Panda Account where you will always find the latest version
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”