How to initiate file scan from command line?

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
zamlet

How to initiate file scan from command line?

Post by zamlet »

Hi - newbie here so please be gentle...

I've just installed Panda Free Antivirus and I'm trying to find a way to scan an individual file from the Windows command prompt. So far I have been unsuccessful. I've searched this forum and the Panda support website and found nothing relevant yet.

Is there a way to do this within Panda Antivirus? What I'd expect is a command along these lines:
C:\windows\system32> pandascancmd.exe downloadedfile.zip

To save time, I should add that I have no interest in right-clicking the file in Explorer to initiate the scan. My interest is solely in initiating the scan via the command line.
"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: How to initiate file scan from command line?

Post by VirusBuster »

Panda Free antivirus is not designed with this purpose so there is no option to scan from the commandline
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
zamlet

Post by zamlet »

Thanks for the reply, unsatisfactory as it is. (Not your fault - it just makes Panda less useful to me.)

Maybe there's a different approach. I have a download manager extension installed in my browser that controls any downloads I initiate from the browser. It has an option to automatically scan any file I download - all I have to do is to specify the program to use for that purpose. The way it provides to do this is via a command line that I can define within the extension.

If Panda provides a way to initiate this scan via right-clicking on the file in Explorer, that means Explorer must be able to put together some sort of command that launches Panda and performs the scan. I haven't been able to deduce exactly what that command is, but it must exist. If I can figure out what it is, I can probably convince my downloader to do the same thing.

This was a simple operation with my previous anti-virus. I'd hate to give up on that functionality just because I switched to Panda.
"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

zamlet wrote:I have a download manager extension installed in my browser that controls any downloads I initiate from the browser. It has an option to automatically scan any file I download - all I have to do is to specify the program to use for that purpose
You don't need to use this option as the permanent protection will automatically scan the downloaded files once the downloads are complete
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”