Offline installer

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Offline installer

Post by Darth Panda »

Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
enigmaelectronica

Post by enigmaelectronica »

Captain here:

Panda Dome Free Offline:

Code: Select all

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/panda/freeav/190612/freeav.exe
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Not a flag indicating if online or offline, just the size for it. the online is 1mb and the offline would be much much bigger.
www.pandasecurity.com
Askalick

Post by Askalick »

I need the latest offline installer in order to install Panda Dome Free for a friend tomorrow - we are meeting up but there is no internet access until he gets back home. Glad to discover that the link above will download the up to date version 15.15.5.0

It would still be good if there was an obvious way to choose between online and offline versions. There is a huge difference in file size - 2.2Mb compared to 66.2Mb - but you only find this out after the file has downloaded.
Askalick

Post by Askalick »

By the way, Majorgeeks is still giving a poor review due to misinformation regarding the free version:

While we have enjoyed using Panda as one of our go-to antivirus apps, they started popping up ads almost daily for their products. Panda has been marked Ad-Supported because of this. We might not mind a weekly pop-up or email, but antivirus should be set it and forget it. Otherwise, Panda still uses little resources and works well.

Limitations:
Panda is now $35 all the way up to $117 a year. If left unchecked, your home page will be Panda's personalized page, and your search changed to Panda, powered by Yahoo. At one time, they were also nagging you daily to upgrade and\or leaving a nag at the top of the screen when opened. And, if that wasn't enough, there's now a news ticker for some reason at the bottom. Oh, and they want your email too.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

the offline installer is:

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/FREE ... FREEAV.exe

as for the publicity, the free version comes with free publicity. On the paying version the publicity can be turned off.
www.pandasecurity.com
Askalick

Post by Askalick »

Thank you for responding. However, I'm sorry but your response does not really answer the issue. When the link that you have kindly provided is clicked, a file is immediately offered for downloading. Only when it has downloaded do we discover that it is over 66Mbs. My suggestion is that we should be able to go to the Downloads area of the Panda website and choose whether to get the online or offline version.

I don't really understand your comment about publicity. The Free version allows us to disable News in Settings and this stops any pop up ads.

The review on Majorgeeks is a negative one because it gives incorrect information. It claims that Panda Dome Free Antivirus is not free. I have added a comment on the Majorgeeks page attempting to put the correct information. But they have not amended their bad review which I quoted in blue text in my last comment.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

I am sorry, I think I misunderstood your comments about ads. Thanks for the request to ammend info on the Majorgeeks webpage.

As for the offline installer, I am afraid is due to the need to check for a correct connection to the web.
We check if ther is a correct connection then download the full installation file. you just want to jump the first step, well, ok, but it is not our procedure.
It can be done, but we are not too happy, as we need to go through the first step for technical issues.
Afterall, we are a cloud antivirus, and as such, and for a correct performance, we do need to be online, as much as we can....
regards

DAvid
www.pandasecurity.com
andavari

Post by andavari »

Darth Panda wrote: Wed, 18 Sep 2019, 17:52 the offline installer is:

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/FREE ... FREEAV.exe
Is that the newest version of Panda Dome ("Panda Free Antivirus") v18.07?
It's impossible to know just looking at the file properties of the installers (has been for years) since the installers have always annoyingly had their version number shown in Windows Explorer with absolutely no regard to the actual antivirus version contained within them.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

On that post there will always be the latest version.
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”