Questions from a Newbie

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
TotoToo

Questions from a Newbie

Post by TotoToo »

After using avast for around 10 years, I started using Panda Dome Free around last week. I have some questions so that I can get a better understanding of how Panda Dome Free anti-virus works.

As I understand it, Panda Dome does not use virus definitions per se. Therefore, unlike say with avast, there are no daily virus definitions updates with Panda Dome. However, what about when I installed Panda Dome for the very first time? Wouldn't there have to have been at least a 1 time definitions update there in the beginning? And are there periodic virus definitions updates? If so, how often and how big? Otherwise, how would we be able to run OFFLINE scans with Panda Dome if there wasn't some sort of virus definitions equivalent stored somewhere on the actual computer?
TotoToo

Re: Questions from a Newbie

Post by TotoToo »

So is this the wrong forum in which to post inquiries? Is there perhaps a real ... the correct forum somewhere else where we can post up inquires about Panda Dome /Panda Free Antivirus and actually get answers?

Right now my experience with Panda Dome / the Panda Free Antivirus has so far for the most part been problem free. I've only gotten a hiccup here and there. But, I'd hate to see what would happen if I run across an actual PROBLEM and have no where to ask for help.
Jexman Pro

Post by Jexman Pro »

Hi totto, it's your websay
What did you think of using panda dove? Do you think it will work for a betting website?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Panda does not work fully when offline. there has to be an internet connection for full protection.
There are so many virus definition we decided to use the cloud for maintaining the database, so, there is a small virus definitios file, for the most improtant and dangerous malware, but the rest is all done in the cloud.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
TotoToo

Post by TotoToo »

Thanks for the clarification, Darth Panda.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Not a problem. You are very welcome.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”