New Panda install messes with my Firefox browser

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
pandatx

New Panda install messes with my Firefox browser

Post by pandatx »

I just installed Panda Antivirus Free for the first time ever on a Windows XP netbook. The install went fine, but when I opened firefox and loaded gmail, the fonts are all jagged and ugly, when they were always smooth and normal before I installed Panda.

What does Panda do to the browser as part of the installation, and how can I fix this or undo the change that was made to the browser settings or system settings?

I have been told that Panda may have turned off javascript or other types of display features in firefox as part of the internet security measures. I don't know if this is true, but it seems like a logical assumption. I do know that there is a *clear* change since Panda got installed.

Please help.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: New Panda install messes with my Firefox browser

Post by Darth Panda »

can you try another web browser, and check if same problem arises?
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
pandatx

Post by pandatx »

Other browsers were worse/just as bad from the beginning. There are not many browsers that still support XP.

I did find a setting in firefox that puts it back to the previous display, but I don't know if this was changed by Panda or if it just is a workaround for the original alteration.

Does Panda make changes inside firefox as part of the install?

The setting that was off is in about:config and was

gfx.font_rendering.cleartype.always_use_for_content . Changing this to true made the characters display correctly (as before Panda). Could Panda have done this directly or changed another setting that indirectly changed this? I *definitely* did not touch this myself.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Do not quite believe panda will change your browser settings.
Free version is the least agressive product you could install.

My suggestion would be to change your operating system to a one from this century, and if not allowed, use a more powerfull version for our antivirus as XP is a black hole for vulnerabilities and malware.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”