Problem uninstalling Panda Dome Version 18.05.00

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
thefly

Problem uninstalling Panda Dome Version 18.05.00

Post by thefly »

Hi,
After having problem with AntiVirus getting disabled on Panda Dome Free Version 18.05.00, I went to uninstall it to install Version 18.06.00 which I have found to be stable. Unfotunately the uninstall got frozen at the very end. After waiting quite a while I forced the PC to shut-down. Now the PC will only boot-up in Safe Mode only not even Safe-Mode with Networking. I managed to use the 2017 generic Uninstaller to uninstall it. Then I installed Version 18.06.00 after re-booting into Safe Mode again, but again on re-boot into normal mode it crashed. I re-booted into Safe-Mode and tried to use the normal uninstaller to uninstall Panda Dome but it does not work.

What can I do now?
Thanks in advance.
The Fly.
thefly

Re: Problem uninstalling Panda Dome Version 18.05.00

Post by thefly »

I was able to use Sysinternals Autoruns to disable all Panda files that hooked into the system. It didn't work until I found all of them, context files, Services and other system files. Only after all were deselected was I able to boot up normally.
So for the moment I will leave the PC in this state and use Windows Defender as its protection.
When I have worked up enough courage I will attempt to uninstall Panda Dome Free. And then re-install Version 18.06.00.
The laptop is my son's that's why I am reluctant to do too much on it for the moment. It is at least working and protected.
That is the other issue it had not been installing the major Windows 10 updates for the last few months. I had to fix True Installer permissions for the update to finish cleanly.
The other thing I noticed is that even though Panda Dome had been installed and when its AntiVirus component was active Windows Defender was also somewhat active. This may have caused the uninstaller to freeze, I don't know.
Cheers for tonight.
Will update this thread when I attempt the uninstall and re-install of Panda Dome Free.
Cheers,
The Fly.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Problem uninstalling Panda Dome Version 18.05.00

Post by Darth Panda »

cheers!
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”