Panda Free creates thousands of TEMP-Files with 0 KB

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
GeorgeMendes

Panda Free creates thousands of TEMP-Files with 0 KB

Post by GeorgeMendes »

I´m a bit concerned about the behave of my Panda Free Version 17.0.0 running on Win XP SP3, it writes thousands of TEMP-Files with 0 KB in C:\windows\temp.
In the last weeks it gets from some hundred files to some thousands....
I don´t like the GUI of the new Version and I think the 17.0.0 is very compact and I really would like to stay at this version.
holiday postcards printing and mailing
kind regards from Austria
andavari

Re: Panda Free creates thousands of TEMP-Files with 0 KB

Post by andavari »

And why the spam link in your post? Seems to be a theme some users are doing on this forum which makes me think somebody is looking at old topics and regurgitating them only to just post a spam link, i.e.; fake posts/topics for the sake of spamming!

------------------------------

That was reported a good amount of time ago in previous versions, but still not fixed. Like I stated in the old report of it I use CCleaner and/or BleachBit to delete those files.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda Free creates thousands of TEMP-Files with 0 KB

Post by Darth Panda »

if you feel like staying in an outdated version we will not be responsible for any new infection capble of breaching old panda versionn.

Any updates-upgrades are for a good reason. most of them are for security reasons.

So our stron suggestion is to keep your versions up to date, to be completely protected.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”