Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 Work with Windows XP

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
TotoToo

Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 Work with Windows XP

Post by TotoToo »

I just wanted to confirm if Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 works with Windows XP.

It's that nowadays more and more Apps tend to drop support for Windows XP once they hit a big solid version like 20.00.00.

Softpedia didn't show Windows XP as a supported Operating System.
andavari

Re: Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 Work with Windows XP

Post by andavari »

Version 20.0 works fine with Windows XP SP3, I did a clean install on my old rarely used anymore Dell desktop PC. I don't see any differences from the previous version I was using.
TotoToo

Post by TotoToo »

Thanks for confirming that, andavari.

I'll go ahead and do a clean install of it then.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

has to be SP3 and all updates released installed.
then you should not have an issue.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
hake

Post by hake »

Can Panda Dome Free Antivirus 20.00.00 execute on pre-SSE2 processors? My Windows XP system's prehistoric hardware uses an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor.

ADDED NOTE: -
Panda Dome 20.00.00 has answered the question. It installed nicely and runs beautifully. I now have extended useful life for my ancient computer and up to date antivirus protection. :P
Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Glad to know your dinossaur is awake and roaming the Earth again.
But here you might want to be extremely careful as It would be like putting wine corks on the holes of a gruyere cheese
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
hake

Post by hake »

I don't use it for anything which is privacy or confidentiality sensitive. I augment Panda Dome with Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 9.3 (MAXIMUM Anti-Leak Protection settings), Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.13.1.164, OSArmor 1.4.3 (all protections enabled) and Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.4.20. I have yet to be disrupted by any malware and regularly scan with Panda Dome and SuperAntiSpyware. I suppose it is a honeypot but a well protected one. I have yet to work out why this XP system enjoys such immunity. Could be because I use OpenDNS? Who knows? My router statefully filters incoming traffic and Outpost does its job too. I have a method of running application processes as user mode which uses DropMyRights. I run Directory Opus 6.2.5.15 in user mode so that processes initiated within it also run in user mode. Firefox 45.9ESR works well and provides a pleasant browsing experience and AdBlockPlus 2.8.2 does a grand job including preventing crypto mining. OpenOffice 4.1.7 has replaced Office 2003.

I have been an Agnitum Outpost Firewall user for almost 20 years. Nowadays, Windows XP SP3 is the only system available to me which allows Outpost Firewall to be used. I only have version 9.3 because the Outpost devs in St Petersburg took notice of my request to make it possible to use 9.3 with a pre-SSE2 processor. Using Windows XP is like driving a classic car and Outpost cannot be used with Windows 7 because it has an incompatibility with OSArmor. OSArmor won there, I am sad to say.

My XP installation has all the POSReady security updates up to and including the final one for pre-SSE2 processor equipped systems (like mine) in July 2018. It was installed in 2005 and that incarnation is still in use. :geek:
Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
andavari

Post by andavari »

hake wrote: Sat, 02 May 2020, 21:53 I have yet to work out why this XP system enjoys such immunity.
Probably because malware "authors" have mostly moved on as well, and are more interested in breaking newer shinier machines.

I've had no issues with my old XP system using multi-layered protection (although to be perfectly honest that machine has never had any real infection on it) as you've mentioned in the above post with the added benefit of not dealing with Microsoft updates breaking anything. Of course nobody should ever bank or buy anything online with an unsupported OS that hasn't had security updates for six years.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”