[CLOSED] Scheduled Scan(s) question

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
spschneer

[CLOSED] Scheduled Scan(s) question

Post by spschneer » Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 18:49

Is is possible to schedule more than one scan in the Free Antivirus? I've got a weekly full scan scheduled but cannot schedule a daily (or one-time-only) scan for critical areas...the "Add" button is not present once there is an entry in the scheduled scan list area.

Thanks

Steve

spschneer

Re: Scheduled Scan(s) question

Post by spschneer » Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 19:13

As a follow-up, the scheduled scan did fire-off(at noon today, as scheduled) but didn't scan anything. Event log shows a return code of "0" for the task, and Panda console shows no log or entry for scan.

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster » Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 10:09

spschneer wrote:Is is possible to schedule more than one scan in the Free Antivirus? I've got a weekly full scan scheduled but cannot schedule a daily (or one-time-only) scan for critical areas...the "Add" button is not present once there is an entry in the scheduled scan list area.

Thanks

Steve
Once you add an scheduled scan, the Add button is changed into a link next to the text Scheduled scans
Can you post a copy of your antivirus report?
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

spschneer

Post by spschneer » Wed, 12 Nov 2014, 03:19

As mentioned, I can't find evidence of log, report or anything that shows the scan actually ran, other than the event log entry of the scheduled task showing a "0" completion code.

The one scheduled task I am able to create, is clickable as a link to open its settings. But, when the scheduled task is opened, the settings are not modifiable. Even after I click on a different time/day/type of scan, ...nothing gets saved to change the schedule or the task's activities.....

Also, I don't see a link anywhere near the scheduled task box other than the (non-functional) arrows for next / previous (mine are greyed out since there's only one scheduled task). Can you provide a screenshot showing where the link you mention should be?

Steve
(not getting any warm, fuzzies about the product, yet)

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster » Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 10:22

Without the report there is not much I can do to help you
Was the machine powered on when the scan was supposed to be carried out? Or was it hibernating?
Which operating system are you using?
spschneer wrote:Can you provide a screenshot showing where the link you mention should be?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

spschneer

Post by spschneer » Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 15:06

I notice that your screenshot is of Panda AV Pro 2015. I'm using Free. Is that a difference? Can more than one scheduled task be created in Free?

I'm using Window 7 Pro 64bit. Other scheduled jobs (backup, etc.) are working normally.

The screen/keyboard was locked but not sleeping. I had turned off the sleep timer on my power setting(to never sleep), and waited. After the log entry showed up in the system Scheduled Task history, there were still all "0" in the events area of the screen (below). I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling(more than once), with no luck. If I do a manual scan, I do get numbers in that area, so I'm guessing it's scanning (manually anyway).

As an alternative way to resolve this, is there a batch-file interface to Panda Free? Can I run a scan from a batch file somehow? If so, can you point me toward some kind of documentation on the setup?

Thanks

Steve

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster » Tue, 18 Nov 2014, 18:32

spschneer wrote:Can more than one scheduled task be created in Free?
Apparenly not, its a bug and we are already working on a hotfix to correct it
Go to start - run, type taskschd.msc and press OK
Locate the tasks created by Panda, it should be a random name similar to {B59EA8E1-2044-4AA2-B617-5672C36D1A17} and double click it
Go to the Conditions tab and check the box Wake the computer to run this task
Accept the settings
Regards,

Jorge Torre

spschneer

Post by spschneer » Tue, 18 Nov 2014, 19:37

Thank you for the very good customer support.

I'll wait for an update that the problem is fixed and then try it again. I've reverted to my prior solution for the time being and will watch for updates.

Thanks Again...

Steve

cp1

Post by cp1 » Thu, 20 Nov 2014, 17:32

VirusBuster wrote:...Go to start - run, type taskschd.msc and press OK
Locate the tasks created by Panda, it should be a random name similar to {B59EA8E1-2044-4AA2-B617-5672C36D1A17} and double click it
Go to the Conditions tab and check the box Wake the computer to run this task
Accept the settings
Based on my experience using version 3.0.1, doing what VirusBuster suggests ended up breaking the ability to further modify the Scheduled scan settings via the Panda interface. See this thread for details: http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... =65&t=3000

Presumably, the same outcome (i.e., breaking of the interface) will also occur if using a more recent version of Panda Free.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Archive Issues”