[SOLVED] does not panda has auto version update feature?

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
adrin.scotland

[SOLVED] does not panda has auto version update feature?

Post by adrin.scotland »

i instaled panda old versin 16.0.1 in four month ago but it is not update own to newer 16.0.2 version.does not panda has auto version update feature? and should i only download and instal new version in manual mode?
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: does not panda has auto version update feature?

Post by VirusBuster »

It checks periodically if there is an upgrade available (upgrade available to 16.0.2)
It may be having a problem downloading or applying the upgrade

Anyway, the latest version available is 16.1.3, so its better if you just unistall it, reboot the machine and download the latest version from your Panda Account and install it.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
adrin.scotland

Post by adrin.scotland »

i see again and my panda version is 16.1.1 but it isn't upgrading own to new version. i test panda av in some difrent device and have same Conclusion.its version never upgrade.i should instal manualy again.
Daveski17

Post by Daveski17 »

You should be able to run the 16.1.3 installer over the old version.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

adrin.scotland wrote:i see again and my panda version is 16.1.1 but it isn't upgrading own to new version. i test panda av in some difrent device and have same Conclusion.its version never upgrade.i should instal manualy again.
A version upgrade requiere a more complex certification process than the normal installer and takes much more time to certificate it. That is why the only published upgrade is to version 16.0.2. As are you already using a newer version (16.1.1) it won't be upgraded to a newer version as there isn't published any upgrade to versions newer than 16.0.2.
Daveski17 wrote:You should be able to run the 16.1.3 installer over the old version.
In this case it will detect that you are using an older version and ask you to uninstall it before installing
Regards,

Jorge Torre

adrin.scotland

Post by adrin.scotland »

VirusBuster wrote:
adrin.scotland wrote:i see again and my panda version is 16.1.1 but it isn't upgrading own to new version. i test panda av in some difrent device and have same Conclusion.its version never upgrade.i should instal manualy again.
A version upgrade requiere a more complex certification process than the normal installer and takes much more time to certificate it. That is why the only published upgrade is to version 16.0.2. As are you already using a newer version (16.1.1) it won't be upgraded to a newer version as there isn't published any upgrade to versions newer than 16.0.2.
Daveski17 wrote:You should be able to run the 16.1.3 installer over the old version.
In this case it will detect that you are using an older version and ask you to uninstall it before installing
is version 16.1.3 beta?
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

No, its not beta.
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Archive Issues”