[CLOSED] "Unexpected error. Error code 1."

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
RavenWorks

Re: "Unexpected error. Error code 1."

Post by RavenWorks »

Well, this has gotten messy. Now that I've set the debugger, Panda just stops at 2% instead of showing an error or claiming to be finished. (It doesn't FREEZE, but the 'scanned' number stops increasing, and my hard drive stops making noise.)

However, now it seems like there's a 25% chance that the scan will actually complete normally? And I've noticed a pattern:

When it stops progressing, it says 2% complete, and approximately 7,620 files scanned.
But when it completes normally, it can be at over 50,000 files scanned and still say "1%".

Actually, I've taken a few screenshots of it in the "stopping at 2%" state, and it seems like it's always in the same folder:

http://imgur.com/a/nQNVa

Also, I'm pretty sure that once it's managed to complete a scan successfully, it won't stall again until after the next reboot.

(Also, just a tip about your instructions -- my 'Windows Kits' folder was in 'Program Files (x86)', not 'Program Files', so someone following your instructions to the letter on a 64-bit system might have trouble.)
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

It seems that its being stuck at Internet Explorer's temporary files
Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools - Internet options - Delete...

You can also delete the content of the following folder as:
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,