[04466702] Problems with PSANHost.exe stopping partway through scan using Panda AV Pro

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [04466702] Problems with PSANHost.exe stopping partway through scan using Panda AV Pro

Post by VirusBuster »

We have downloaded the dumps and are studying them
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [04466702] Problems with PSANHost.exe stopping partway through scan using Panda AV Pro

Post by VirusBuster »

Could you also provide us a copy of the content of the folder you are scanning when it crashes so that we can try replicating the issue here?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

acorne6184

Post by acorne6184 »

I'm in the process of zipping the folder now, but it's over 5 GB of compressed backup files on an external drive connected via a non-2.0 USB. So it may take some time. Password will be the same. In the event the zipped file is too big to upload to the Dropbox site, is there an alternate site to use? Would I be able to use Submit_FILES_To_FTP on that large a file?
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

I will send you PM with our FTP details to access the folder we've created for this case as sometimes the Submit_FILES_To_FTP.exe fails to upload
Regards,

Jorge Torre

acorne6184

Post by acorne6184 »

I ran a Full scan with Panda AV Free version 18.0.0 on all drives on 2/18/17 at 3:05 AM PT. Scan of 6,012,033 files completed successfully on 2/20/17 at 12:33 AM (almost 45-1/2 hours).

I can run additional scans if you think it would provide you with more information, but I personally would consider this issue not reproducible with Panda AV Free version 18.0.0. If you agree with this assessment, I would like to see if I can reproduce the issue using the Pro version of Panda AV 18 (the issue was initially reproduced under the Pro version of Panda AV 16.1.3). Unfortunately, I had subscribed to a version of Panda AV Pro with a license that is not transferable to version 18, so I can't just download and install a copy. Please let me know how to proceed with testing the Pro version.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

I will PM you a code for you to test in a few minutes
Regards,

Jorge Torre

acorne6184

Post by acorne6184 »

I was finally able to successfully scan all 5.8 million+ files on all drives using Panda AV Pro 18.00.00--both using a Custom Scan on all drives (C:, E:, F:, G:, I:, and J:), as well as a Full Scan. I'd say this issue is now resolved using both the free version and the Pro version of Panda AV 18.00.00.

Return to “Consumer - Issues”