Is panda Strong enough?

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
Shinojmkd

Is panda Strong enough?

Post by Shinojmkd »

Is panda Strong enough?
today I got infected by an adware downloader, and I thought panda blocked it. until I opened chrome.
it changed the home page and also installed itself as an extension, so I full scanned my PC with Panda Complete protection, as I was hoping there was no detection.
so I was forced to scan PC with zemana anti-malware, which detected 17 adware and also removed the browser shortcut.

why did this happen?
why do I have to use panda when it can't protect me?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (90.52 KiB) Viewed 12423 times
Shinojmkd

Re: Is panda Strong enough?

Post by Shinojmkd »

here is the scan result from Malwarebytes I think panda never scans Registry, does it?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (181.93 KiB) Viewed 12400 times
officially4h

Post by officially4h »

Sadly I am wondering about the same thing right now and I think it's not Panda's fault. There are numerous extensions which do that. Panda simply cannot block anything behaving "Normally". The file ain't any kind of malware.

Code: Select all

insta mp4 downloader
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Mostly depends on the kind of file, and the actions executed on the machine, but also on the level of protection you do have on your computer.
what protection do you have, the modules from the protection active or inactive, if you allow everything to be executed, etc, etc.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”