This massive ransomware attack on the news 12th May 2017

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
Mantari

This massive ransomware attack on the news 12th May 2017

Post by Mantari »

As like everyone, Im reading with interest this ransomware attack which has hit the NHS in the UK and 74 other countries and was wondering if Panda protects against this particular attack

Im surprised Panda hasn't issued a statement of reassurance regarding this matter as I see Spain was hit too, so its clearly on the minds of everyone.

I am aware there was a microsoft patch on the 14th March but I was enquiring about the steps you must take if you have been unfortunate enough to contract this malware

Will the Panda Rescue Kit tools resolve this infection?

Thanks
M
smbcomputing

Re: This massive ransomware attack on the news 12th May 2017

Post by smbcomputing »

Mantari wrote:As like everyone, Im reading with interest this ransomware attack which has hit the NHS in the UK and 74 other countries and was wondering if Panda protects against this particular attack

Im surprised Panda hasn't issued a statement of reassurance regarding this matter as I see Spain was hit too, so its clearly on the minds of everyone.

I am aware there was a microsoft patch on the 14th March but I was enquiring about the steps you must take if you have been unfortunate enough to contract this malware

Will the Panda Rescue Kit tools resolve this infection?

Thanks
M
I think we all like to know what steps have been taken here to reduce the threat of Wanna Cry
csern

Re: This massive ransomware attack on the news 12th May 2017

Post by csern »

I am also awaiting an answer from Panda....what gives, Support?

Return to “Consumer - Issues”